Elevations wonky (world-wide) after installing PNW patch.

nicksnook

Hi,

There are similar local area problems but this appears to be global and I cannot find the exact answer to my problem on these pages!

I had been enjoying the magical world of FTX up until I installed the PNW patch the other day.

I made sure the FTX central was set to North America and then installed. On my next flight I reset the location to Europe for a flight using FTX EU England and found trees on the taxiways and runways and the surrounding scenery some distance below them!

I came out of FSX and set FTX Global and back again, went back in to find the problem still there! I flew around and noticed many other airfields I checked were similar.

Today I am sitting on an invisible taxiway (yellow lines visible) with other FTX AI some twenty feet above the rest of the airport (LFPB Le Bourget) and wonder if this is at all safe?!!!!

I have found ADE_FTX_XXX_XXX_Elevation_ Adjustment  files relating to PNW in the World (Scenery) should I remove these? There is no 'off' mentioned.

I just visited PNW to find that also in a mess too!

I am no computer techy so please keep it simple! I am afraid there is no cure for stupid which is what I am when it comes to computers!

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap" also seems to apply to FSX!!!

I hope you can help, thanks in advance

Nick

order numbers as follows:

Simarket 1058071 FTX EU England (boxed)

Flightsimstore 217469 FTX NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords (DVD) and FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains DVD

Flightsimstore FSS0241210 FTX EU Scotland (download)

Flightsimstore FSS0238151 FTX Global (DMS DVD)

Flightstore 171519 FTX Southern Alaska and FTX Central Rockies

Also FTX PNW (boxed) can’t find order number.

If it helps, this is what I have loaded FTX wise according to FTX Central...

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 131027 27th October 2013
FTX CA CBB7 TIPELLA  AIRPORT 1.00 JULY 2013
FTX CAN CEJ4 CLARESHOLM INDUSTRIAL VERSION 2.00

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.10
FTX EU EGFF CARDIFF INTL V1.10 - MARCH 2013
FTX EU ENG England v1.00 Patch 003 - 28 June 2013
FTX EU SCO Scotland v1.00 Patch 001 - 23 Sept 2013
FTX EU WLS Wales v1.00 Patch 002 - 28 June 2013
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.10 September 2013
FTX NA 7WA3 West Wind Airfield Version 1.00
FTX NA CRM Central Rocky Mountains V1.00 Patch 001 November 2012

FTX NA GA AI TRAFFIC V1.10 December 2012
FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0
FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 002 November 2012
FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.0 Patch 001 March 15th 2011

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 005 March 27th 2012

FTX NA SAK Southern Alaska and YT/BC V1.00 March 2013

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 8 (Iceland Demo) Version 1.00 - October 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

FTX US 2S1 VASHON ISLAND VERSION 1.1 - June 2010
ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010
Orbx Lancair IV-P Version 1.2 May 2011

Hi Nick,

After installing the PNW servicepack did you also run the latest Orbxlibs patch? not sure why you see issues at LFPB Le Bourget as Orbx products should not affect elevations in France

Are you able to post a screenshot showing the issue? some help is found here on doing that: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

I did indeed run the latest Orbxlibs patch!

I confirm that my FSX is screwed!

Every airport seems to have problems, In or out of special FTX areas!

I will post screenshots as soon as time allows.

Any quick fix in the meantime would be appreciated?

Regards

Nick

Before Patch, all okay (Auster Halfpenny Green UK)!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/iyC

After patch!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/iyO

Cessna 310 LFPB

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/iyV

BAe Hawk LSGS Switzerland

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/iyp

I haven't quite got the hang of posting shots here yet so apologies for using Http!

Regards Nick

I'm afraid I am none the wiser,

Outside of an FTX regionpack area we do not touch elevations, so I cannot explain your LFPB issue,

Within the FTX regions (PNW, UK) the elevations are controlled by those 'ADE_FTX_XXX_XXX_Elevation_ Adjustment'  files found in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery, while you have FTXcentral set to [North America or Europe] the corresponding files should have a .BGL extension

The floating issue I have seen before but unsure of a fix or answer, anyone?

Hi Nick,

I also have not seen or heard of global changes ocourring after installing a Region patch, unless your Base Scenery Library order is jumbled up somehow, so I'm gonna have a guess about your aircraft elevation issues. Now to my guess, have you installed any type of Global Mesh product recently which should only be used for FS9/FS2004, silly question I know but worth eliminating from the equation all the same.

Some screenies of your complete FSX Scenery library order may help diagnose the issue.

Cheers Jeff

Apologies Tim for sticking my beak in, you did say "anyone?".

I'm afraid I am none the wiser,

Outside of an FTX regionpack area we do not touch elevations, so I cannot explain your LFPB issue,

Within the FTX regions (PNW, UK) the elevations are controlled by those 'ADE_FTX_XXX_XXX_Elevation_ Adjustment'  files found in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery, while you have FTXcentral set to [North America or Europe] the corresponding files should have a .BGL extension

The floating issue I have seen before but unsure of a fix or answer, anyone?

Thanks Guys for your reply,

My scenery library is large but mostly for the FTX Global areas. I found the FTX airports in the special areas quite accurate enough, and in most cases as I remember them in real life when I flew, so I disabled my airports in the UK, PNW, NA, SA areas a while ago! This is with the exception of some larger UK2000 Airports.

Mesh wise, I have UTX Europe for FSX that's all. I will double check.

It is amazing to me that one day I am as happy as Larry flying in wonderful scenery and then, on a whim, decide to install patches for a FTX area  that I am not even operating in, and bingo I am up the creek without a paddle! I wish I hadn't!

Secondly, on the older version I had two FTX Global buttons?? I am sure this is irrelevant but may give a clue?

Sadly I do not fly anymore so your wonderful work gets me as near to real life as anything ever has on FS so far, it keeps me smiling and I am a miserable b***ard without it! 

Please don't give up on me!

All the best, Nick

Something has affected the FSX program itself I feel?

I will double check the mesh files but I am sure nothing but the UTX Europe is 'plugged in'!

There are two things I have noticed, I gather that the FTX Central itself updates to the particular version that the patch uses? So the latest texture patch came with a FTX with no Default option? I think that was the October version?

Secondly, on the older version I had two FTX Global buttons?? I am sure this is irrelevant but may give a clue?

Hi Nick,

When you select (FTX Global) icon or (North America) icon in FTX Central you are remembering to also click the (Apply) button, exit FTX Central and run FSX to rebuild the database before installing the PNW region patch.  Could you post some pictures of your FSX base library order all the way from bottom up to where Edwards_AFB entry.

Here are some pics from my sim showing the Base order as complete list, check that yours is the same order ( although the corresponding numbers will be different depending upon what else is installed.

wA07p.jpg  XyoAF.jpg  gaVou.jpg

Wd459.jpg  5OAS.jpg  JzQVO.jpg

ZHVpu.jpg  m9MpY.jpg  eIMkn.jpg

If FSX base is good as per the above pics, you might try re-applying the patch & Latest libs, cycling FTXCentral once more.

i.e;

- Make sure Windows UAC is off

- Check that you have full admin permissions to the FSX root folder.

- Re-Install the FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 005

- Select North America in FTX Central

- Click the (Apply) button 

- Exit FTXCentral 

- Run FSX rebuild database

- Exit FSX

- Extract the PNW patch into a folder of your choice using 7zip or winzip, (never ever try to install directly from within

a compressed file, always extract the package first)

- Open the extracted folder (OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch005)

- Run the installer by right clicking (OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch005.exe) icon

- Select, 'Run as Administrator' - complete installer operations through each panel in the installer

- Install the Latest Library version in the same fashion immediately after

- Open FTX Central after installer completes to be sure it is set to the region you wish to explore/test

- If it is not then select NA region with FTXG hybrid ticked  - click Apply,

- Exit FTXCentral

- Run FSX select an airstrip within PNW to test. 

- Then choose an airport somewhere else in the world ( if you have Hybrid mode selected, this will allow you to see FTXG

textures applied globally while enjoying the Selected region with all Regional features enabled. 

Cheers Jeff

Archived