What is wrong with my textures?

B77X

If you follow the interstate in the middle of the screen up towards downtown you notice it disappears, and some green with a gold tint texture appears. This type of texture is apparent also on the far left.

I run Ultimate Terrain and ScenerTech. So I need to put the OpenLC below the UT and other sceneries?

Try moving the FTX OpenLC entries below other LC addons, these FTX entries are not automatically moved by FTXcentral and so sit wherever you choose (refer page 14 of the global manual)

I only say this as I noticed similar issues in another location (Australia) on my own system, and upon checking the FSX library noticed they had crept up to the top

Hi David and Tim.

To be onest i have struggled with this "LC-Insertion" point,  since i brought UTX and FTX-Global.

In http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/  Rob Newman said (Quote):

" Here's how I have my order:

UTX - Immediately above the FSX default stuff (top entry is "EDWARDS_AFB")

Other Scenery Areas (eg Tongas Fjords) - Immediately above UTX

FTX Global (Open LC) - Immediately above other scenery areas

If you only have FTX Global from ORBX, that's it. Open LC entries are at the top of the list.

If however you have any other FTX scenery (region packs, airports etc), you would then layer those ABOVE the FTXG Open LC entries.

Luckily, if you do have other FTX sceneries installed, then the installer always puts things in the correct order so you don't have to think about it  ;)

Here's my library in al it's ordered glory...

XyFzu.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

Quote end.

So what to belive... or dosent it matter?

Sorry for interrupt this tread, i would have maked my own thread, if ...

Kind regards

Henrik

Thank you Henrik for this information. I have now set my scenery entries to be similar to yours. I wonder though why the FTX Central scenery insertion point wants my OPENLC to stay at the top, above all the Orbx airports?

Yes, the tricky part is to get  the things, to stay, where they "belong", and it require a bit practice (very logical, when you get the hang of it). ???

And instead of Moving them only in,FSX Addon scenery library, use a combination of move in FSX and use various InsertionPoints, in FTX Central, to optain the "right order" (in the end).

A bit difficoult to explaine in English, im afraid. but basically, you can move "bloks" eg. OrbXOpenLC+Base in FTXC only by using InsertionsPoint(s), and they stay, in the right order.

I have tryed all combinations (almost) :-  and there is a bit difference in all of them some good some very bad and i cant find "the right/the only one" it seems.

There is always something wrong, some place in the world of FSX. :-

I think it would have been a lot easyer without UTX.

Thank you Henrik for this information. I have now set my scenery entries to be similar to yours. I wonder though why the FTX Central scenery insertion point wants my OPENLC to stay at the top, above all the Orbx airports?

First set your FTX Central to Global, then make the OrbXOpenLC_XXX = the upper, as insertion point, this will make the hole LC+Base to move to the bottom of FTX.

Henrik

Hi me again David. ::)

I have just tryed this:

EqDLK.jpg

As Tim Harris and Rob Newman suggest - Edwards_AFB as insertion Point.

To do so, you just:

First: set your FTX Central to Global, then make the OrbXOpenLC_XXX = the upper, as insertion point, this will make the whole LC+Base to move to the bottom of FTX..(as in my former post).then Save and Exit (Close FTX)..

Second: Start FSX and go to Settings>Scenery Lib and move "Edwards_AFB" up above OrbXOpenLC_Europe 1(again the upper, mine is LC_EUROPE1), and close FSX.

Then 3, Open FTX Central again  (on Global) and make Edwards_AFB as NEW Insertion Point.

Then i guess You can move all your LC stuff, if needed, below UTX?

I have just tryed it and cant se any big differences in Denmark(Global) and EU-Eng though.

I have to "investigate" some more..i guess 8) 

Hope You can use it David.

Kind regards

Henrik

The Orbxlibs normally only carries libraries and textures, these are considered 'passive' files.

They sit at the top above all other Orbx scenery in case we need to provide a quick fix for something (for example once we had a bunch of antennas appearing on some runways in PFJ that we were able to hot-fix ahead of the servicepack)

Archived