All out of place after instolling Alaska with Global

mikegust

I just bought Alaska and after installing, this is what I have in the control panel.

centr_prob.jpg

Everything is completely screwed up

My water textures are running up the mountains and my Tongass Fjords scenery completely disappeared,textures of fields are in place of water and several other symptoms.

I've tried to uninstall global and reinstall global and everything is still out of control

I have installed brand-new libraries, as it is advised but nothing helps

please help

Mike

my related orders are;

Order Number: FSS0244221 FTX: NA Blue Southern Alaska

Order Number: FSS0222541 FTX: Global

I remember having this issue, but don't quite remember how I solved it... I think it's the result of installing older FTX products on top of the newer FTX Global.

First thing you could try validate the scenery.cfg file. (FTX Central>Tools>Scenery library configuration) Then you could check if the insertion points are right. All the FTX entries should be above Tongass Fjords if I remember correctly.

If nothing of this works you could try reinstalling Global on top without uninstalling anything. As this is the latest Orbx product you have you should be fine with the libraries. And remember to set FTX Central to default FSX before installing Global!

As you suggested, I uninstalled and reinstalled global I also puts newest libraries.

I also run a repair function on Tongass Fjords.

Most of the stuff came back but I still have lots of errors with textures and also mashes seems to be faulty.

In some areas I still have wrong textures and patches of fields in middle of big city.

mike

Archived