YPJT Bragging rights... am I first???

Gurdy

Congrats Craig, and you're not even a local. I guess they're still in bed in WA  :)

I've only just started downloading (325KB/sec) so a little way to go yet.

Now I'm probably being a bit picky here, but those shots look a little pixelated in places. I'm seeing something similar when flying with REX textures. It's like there's a thin gauze stretched over the otherwise great FTX scenery. I'm willing to be convinced that it's just my imagination, but I've seen hints elsewhere that there's something amiss with REX. Anyone else agree?

But great shots anyway, and congratulations to the Orbx team on another fantastic release.

Greg

Congrats Craig, and you're not even a local. I guess they're still in bed in WA  :)

I've only just started downloading (325KB/sec) so a little way to go yet.

Now I'm probably being a bit picky here, but those shots look a little pixelated in places. I'm seeing something similar when flying with REX textures. It's like there's a thin gauze stretched over the otherwise great FTX scenery. I'm willing to be convinced that it's just my imagination, but I've seen hints elsewhere that there's something amiss with REX. Anyone else agree?

But great shots anyway, and congratulations to the Orbx team on another fantastic release.

Greg

Actually, I have found that the screen shots I take in windowed mode are no where near as good as fullscreen mode. I dont think it is REX... I found that in windowed mode the screenshots were not clean as I like .. as I said... hurried shots to have first bragging rights  ;D

I plan to take some more later but I am really planning to go and sit in the sun and have a cold beer in St Kilda or Brighton.  ;D

So Gurdy,

How is the performance on your rig?  The scope of Jarrad's work looks amazing especially the number of custom 3D buildings and other structures.

Thanks for posting those shots,

Cheers

So Gurdy,

How is the performance on your rig?  The scope of Jarrad's work looks amazing especially the number of custom 3D buildings and other structures.

Thanks for posting those shots,

Cheers

between 13 - 25 fps, depending on where i am over the scenery, complexity extremely dense, autogen dense.

Great screenies... Jarrad has really captured the essence of Jandy, the sand, the sand and also the sand... oh and I forgot the viewing area/public park, must be a first for YPJT.

Cheers,

I don't want to complain but the filesize of these pics is rather high. Might be better to create thumbnails for each pics and then post. It's a bit annoying for people with a slow connection. ;)

Lovely pics though, looks superb!

Archived