New Zealand South Island - Can't apply in FTX Central.

Vampire

I have just purchased and installed the FTX NZ:SI scenery, and for the last step using FTX Central - I select Oceania then hit apply and get an error message.... details below.  SP2 is installed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\BLDA2.dds'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I did notice a similar thread just below with what appears to be the same problem - with a direction to download updated libraries and a link...to a webpage that is offline?

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

Is there another location for these libraries...anbd why are they not included in the latest download file of NZ:SI product now..I only downloaded it today?

Will the Updated ORBXLIBS Version 131027 file available here do the trick?

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?p=25354 and I now see they are also here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67491-orbxlibs-version-131027/

Maybe a note in the installation instruction pointing out that this file needs updating from the net, for first time FTX installers like myself, would help a LOT!

Copy - thanks Tim - I notice that site is back up now. Was down all of last night as I spent an hour trying to get this software working :-)

I won't lie in that it is a little disappointing to have to delve into the tech help forums of a product 5 mins after you install it to get it to work....but got there in the end.

Was too late last night to have a spin...but took my A2A Spitfire for a fly around Queenstown today and after a little fiddling with some settings it is looking GREAT!

Really temped to get your Queenstown airport product...but the PC struggles a little with the AP you have there now..not sure it could handle anything fancier. No probs getting 35-40fps once flying.

I am a FE on the P-3K2 Orion and we get down that way now and then for airshows etc so was really nice to be able to fly around in pretty much photo-real scenery and have it look so familiar- well done!

Will keep an eye out for updated libraries......

Archived