NZNI Installation problems

amtrak1993

Hello to those who read this,

I just wanted to express my ongoing frustration with the NZNI scenery addon for FSX. I purchased this product on 11-5-13 and for the past two days have faced nothing but

problems when I've tried to install it. The installer unwraps the NZNI.exe however when I get to the setup part there is no page asking for me to fill the Order Number, Date,

Key, as is mentioned in the PDF installer guide. When the installer runs it gets about halway through before giving an error message saying that the folder could not be

in the FSX location. Also the program in the dotnet folder does nothing, I double click on it and no launcher starts. Another member commented on my previous posts

suggesting that my files maybe corrupted. I've since re-downloaded the file my email 5-6 times now and the result is still the same. Intenet connectivity time-outs are also

not an issue as I've used my school's wifi which is really stong and fast. I would really appreciate some answers and feedback to help rectify this problem.

Also I have a screenshot showing the downloaded files, but I can't seem to find how to upload attachments,

Thank you,

Hello Gregory,

A couple of questions

Have you moved FSX since you installed it?

Which version of FSX are you running?

Is FSX installed in the default location?

How much free space do you have on your harddrive?

Which operating system do you use?

Are you unzipping the files fully from the zip before running the installer?

When you re-downloaded the file did you completely remove the 'corrupted' one?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for responding. To answer your questions:

No I haven't moved my FSX at all, it's in the default location windows installed it in.

I have the Deluxe edtion of FSX and have service packs 1 & 2 installed as well.

I have 435 GB of free space on my hardrive and its the C: drive.

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium (64) bit

I dowloaded the files to default folder on my computer and then used winzip to unzip into a new seperate folder, to no avail.

Yes before each download I deleted the previous one, I also don't know what file was "corrupted"

Hey Tim,

Great News I got the program running and its installed, operating beautifully!

It turns out that every time I deleted one of the previous installs, I neglected to delete the ORBX folder in my main FSX folder. Once I did that and ran a fresh download of the installer it ran straight

through no problem. I really appreciate the support you have given me over the past few hours. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go and explore more of this awesome addon!

Thanks again,

Gregory

Archived