PNW install issue

hendrik357

Hi Tim,

I am re posting my questions about PNW Blue here. 

I very recently installed the orbx PNW Blue on my desk top which is a coreI7 and is a windows7 and 64 bit. I am also using MYTRAFFIC X for the AI Traffic.

Before I installed the PNW scenery I used the uninstaller to remove the PNW Demo. I noticed after running the uninstaller for the demo that all of the KHQM airport was still intact and working properly, nothing seem to be missing or blacked out. I them proceeded to install the PNW Blue scenery ,after installation I got a message    WINDOWS CANNOT FIND C:\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATORXORBX\SCRIPT\FTXCENTRAL.EXE. After this I tried to open the FTXCentral and it worked with no problem. I was able to activate the North West scenery.

My next step, I installed the scenery for Skagit reional are(KBVS). After installing this scenery I checked to make sure everything was in good functioning order which all seemed very well. Next I installed the scenery for Anacortes(74S) After this installing I went for a flight around the area and all seemed well until I flew over KNUW the naval base on Whidby Island. There I noticed that there was AI traffic going to and from the airbase but after landing the planes became invisible.  I noticed the same thing over at the  McChord Airforce(KTCM). It is like the planes are at the base but only become visible on take off or after landing. Something else I have noticed, at these air bases there are no grease marks on the ground where the planes normally set after parking. All civilian airports have there normal traffic.

At this point I have not installed the latest object library as I was wanted to finish with any scenery installation and make sure all was working well before I proceeded .

On one other note I noticed at the bridge over Deseption  pass has a separation in the middle and the AI car traffic go up the side of the hill.

Thanks , Dan Culver

Sorry I forgot to add myorder number in my post, here they are    Order id: #17669\

Order id:   #108655

These numbers are for the PNW Blue , Anacortes, and Skagit regional packages.           Thanks, Dan Culver

Hi Dan,

I moved your post here and made a thread, please dont post into other customers threads as it can create a bit of confusion to have multiple issues in the one thread, thanks

Now to your issue, from what I can make out its the traffic vanishing after landing at Skagit and other airports?

Have you recently purchased PNW or are you installing from an older installer? check FTXcentral>>tools>>FTXproducts install and check the version of PNW, if its not 005 you should grab the servicepack from the website support section

And for sure run the latest Orbxlibs after installing PNW, this is a part of the install process

Hi Tim,

So far the only airports the traffic dissapears at are the knuw and ktcm both are airforce bases. All the civilian airports seem to be fine. I will take your suggestions and get back to you. Thanks a lot for your help!                                          Dan

Hi Tim,

I posted a reply to your note a couple of days ago but I dont see it here so I will try again.   I did as you suggested, I installed the latest object libraries and also installed the service patch 005. I now have all traffic to to the KNUW and KTCM. Everyhting is working as it should, thank you for your help!!! 

I have one last thing to address.  I installed the 74S (Anacortes) scenery and I noticed the bridge over Decpetion Pass does not connect with the road on the end going toward Anacortes, there is a space between the bridge and the pavement and the cars go up the side of the hill. Also the other end of that section of bridge does not meet the land mass in the middle going toward Whidby Island. I can post a picture if needed.                                                        Thanks, Dan

Hi Tim,

Once again your suggestions have proven 100% correct. I had the mesh turned down to 38, once I turned it back up to 5 the bridge issues were solved. Super and thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!!

Dan

Archived