FTX NZNI Installation problems

amtrak1993

Greetings to whom this may concern,

I just purchased the New Zealand North Island Scenery addon and have experienced several issues regarding the installation process.I read through the PDF file about the installation steps and everything appeared very straight forward. The very first I did was attempt to install the Microsoft.net framework, however when I click on "run" in the stall window nothing happens.I wasn't sure if it was an immediate install so I then ran the installer for the acutal scenery package; everything unwrapped okay and the process looked it was going well. Nearly halfway through I got a message saying for me to insert Disck #2 and Disk #3, I find this very odd as I ordered the instant download option, so there should be no hardware involved. Any help regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

amtrak1993

Hello Walter,

I downloaded the files into temp. location and then used WinZip to extract all the files into a new seperate folder. When  go to execute the Microsoft.net framework nothing happens now. In Addition the Installer is still displaying a message asking me to insert disks.

Here is what the one error message says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_8_CUSTOM\texture\025c2sp2.bmp

A decompression error has occured (#2029)

Unknow Decompression Error

I would appreciate any information. Thanks

Hey Wolter,

I'm still having issues, but also may have made some headway as well.I don't think the internet at my apartment could handle the downloaded file, so I downloaded the file off one computers at my school at it finished in about 20 mins vs. 2+ hours. When I ran the installer, it unwrapped okay and the process went along smoothly, no message about entering disks or such. However right when it appeared the installer was finished. An error message did pop saying that the program couldn't create a folder in my FSX location? Also the installer for Microsoft.net framework still does nothing.

One last thing, the PDF file installer guide mentions that FTX Central will start once the install completes and that didn't happen either. If you, or anyone else has any answers to my problems I would greatly appreciate it.

Archived