NZNI error messages

nzwr

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right thread to be posting in but here goes.

purchased the NZ north Island pack and I'm getting an error message. I am running windows 7, 64bit and apparently there is a compatibility issue with 64bit and 32bit...???

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This is the error message I get:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Thanks.

Never seen that before, is this a windows error message?,

Most installers make a windows error message pop up saying something like:  'they might not have been installed correctly, would you like to try again?', which is incorrect

Almost everyone on the Orbx team uses Windows7 64bit, so no problems there!

Hmm ok. I cant say I have that issue, but now I have another. I'm trying to install on my D drive and I get the following

setup can not create the following folder:

D:\program file (x86)\\ORBX\User Documents

any ideas?

setup can not create the following folder:

D:\program file (x86)\\ORBX\User Documents

From the address that doesn't look like the location of your FSX? NZNI should be installing automatically into your main FSX folder but it can only do this if your windows registry is pointing to the correct location

Perhaps you need to run the reg fixer http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zip , after thats sorted try installing again but this time right click the exe and select 'Run as administrator'

Ah ok I figured this might be the issue.

Just got a new PC and I am trying to set up the D:\ as the install location for programs as my c:\ is a solid state 60gig drive that is nearly full just with running windows. I had a crack at changing the install location in regedit but its causing all kinds of problems! I might just do a full re-install of FSX and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Archived