Problem installing Orbx FTX Usa Canada Pacific Northwest

Dozzer

I'm trying to install Orbx FTX USA/Canada Pacific Nortwest from disk and keep getting the following message:

Windows cannot find 'C:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X Orbx\scripts\FTXcentral\FTXcentral.exe.'  Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I have other locations installed such as NA Blue: PNW and AU Gold.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Could the problem be that the path the disk is looking for is incorrect.

It is looking for  \ Microsoft Flight Simulator XORBX\Scrips and should be looking for \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scrips.

There is know \ before ORBX

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this complete message will help in resolving this.

File Copying Complete

The FTX USA/Canada Pacific Northwest file copying stage is complete.

After this installer closes, please wait about 30 seconds for FTX Central to load and then begin its's 

file operations.  Once the main window is displayed, simply select the 'North America' region and then press the 'Apply' button to complete the FTX installation.

Click 'Run FTX Central' to complete installation now.

As soon as I click on 'Run FTX Central', this displays:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XORBX\Scrips\FTXCentral.exe.'  Make sure you typed

the name correctly, and then try again.

Question.  This may sound dumb but I wasn't sure so I will ask it anyway.

Are NA Pacific Northwest, FTX NA Blue Region, USA Canada Pacific Northwest and FTX: Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest all the same scenery?

The reason I ask is I was able to install FTX NA Blue Region from disk successfully (couldn't get the download to install from The FlightSim Store order 234729 so ordered the disk order 234865). 

Then I tried to install USA Canada Pacific Northwest from a DVD I purchased from PC Aviator Australia.  That is when I encountered the above message.

If in fact they are the same, (FTX NA Blue Region and USA Canada Pacific Northwest) why is there a problem with FTX Central when trying to install it a second time?

Hope this makes since and helps you find the answer.

Thanks

Hi,

NA Pacific Northwest, USA Canada Pacific Northwest and FTX: Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest are all the same, however FTX NA Blue can refer to either Pacific Northwest, Pacific Fjords, Southern Alaska or Northern Rocky Mountains.

Can you try running FTX Central directly from it's own file? Go to your FSX folder/ORBX/Scripts/FTX Central and you should have a file called FTXcentral.ink. Try running that and see what you get, if you don't actually have that file, you must reinstall the ORBX libs (which should give you a desktop icon for FTX Central). Do not reinstall FTX NA Blue Pacific Northwest after that, the Orbxlibs absolutely must be last.

Also, before reinstalling the Orbxlibs, make sure to also install the lastest Pacific Northwest patch (currently NA PNW.005) from the support page too, this will bring your PNW files up to date. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

Cheers

I just purchased ORBX PNW from the FlightSim Store today, order number FSS0245836.  I am running windows 8.1 on a high end gaming Alien Aurora computer.  I downloaded the software and unzipped per instructions.  Once Flight Central comes up and I select North America and then select Apply, I get the following FTX Central error message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml"

If I select continue, the computer goes into an endless loop and will not stop unless I use task manager to turn off the program.  I have tried reloading the files with no luck.  I can launch FSX but it is clear it is still using the default graphics even though North America is checked when FTX Central comes back up.  Please assist in resolving this error.

Hi Dozzer,

There is a backslash missing between FSX and orbx in the error message,  due to it missing in your registry, giving the error, but it should still run.

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XORBX\Scrips\FTXCentral.exe.'  Make sure you typed

the name correctly, and then try again.

see here;  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/66090-fsxorbx-scripts/?hl=%2Bmake+%2Bsure+%2Byou+%2Btyped+%2Bthe+%2Bname+%2Bcorrectly%2C+%2Band+%2Bthen+%2Btry+%2Bagain.

Ron.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived