Issue with installing dvd scenery

Skids

I posted this in another topic area but it may have not been seen there as I had no answer as yet, I do not know whether you are busy with other things or it was not seen.

Good Morning afternoon all,

I have had a similar problem with ORBX England.

I purchased the hard copy DVD of this scenery package and have issues installing it. The setup starts to run but about half way through it asks to insert disc2, I manage to eventually get it to continue by removing and inserting the dvd a number of times and then get asked for disk3. This is where it stops completely. The dvd has not been damaged this end as it is new. I also am told by a friend that he has the same problem with the New Zealand South Island scenery DVD. I also tried his DVD on my machine with the same problem. I then made a Copy of the NZ DVD to a new blank DVD and tried that. This copy of the original worked perfectly. Seems that some of the DVD's released are faulty? Can anyone advise please?

These scenery packages are completely legit and purchased versions in original boxes from flightsimstore.com

Regards

Paul 

Open the DVD on your PC.  Copy the contained zip files into a folder on your pc. Now unzip them, putting all content into a single folder. Now you can run the Executive.

I think you have the "backup" DVD, as apposed to the Boxed version, which uses Autoplay. Two different products.

I posted this in another topic area but it may have not been seen there as I had no answer as yet, I do not know whether you are busy with other things or it was not seen.

Good Morning afternoon all,

I have had a similar problem with ORBX England.

I purchased the hard copy DVD of this scenery package and have issues installing it. The setup starts to run but about half way through it asks to insert disc2, I manage to eventually get it to continue by removing and inserting the dvd a number of times and then get asked for disk3. This is where it stops completely. The dvd has not been damaged this end as it is new. I also am told by a friend that he has the same problem with the New Zealand scenery DVD. I also tried his DVD on my machine with the same problem. I then made a Copy of the NZ DVD to a new blank DVD and tried that. This copy of the original worked perfectly. Seems that some of the DVD's released are faulty? Can anyone advise please?

These scenery packages are completely legit and purchased versions in original boxes from flightsimstore.com

Regards

Paul 

Update, after inserting the DVD a number of times it eventually worked. My DVD drive is new and works fine so it has to be the disc/DVD

Archived