Iceland ON demo + FSGLOBAL ULTIMATE Europe

manta

Hi there, I've brought this to the attention of the PILOT'S guys and I'll pass back a solution for you if any.

Thanks John, much appreciated.

Hi manta!

Do you have AFM installed (and in use)?

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

not in this instance. After installing AFM the slope has been reduced a lot but for a side of the airport.

Hello Manta!

I have the same plateau.

I even have this plateau, when I disable the FSG Ultimate layer. (That always should be the first step to find the reason.)

So it has nothing to do with FSGU.

However, I doubt we will have a solution here, as the reason is in the flat airports concept of MS. When you check, you will see, that in the area of the tramarc elevation is the same as the city. So obviously this airport has a slope to the left side (don't know, if this image is norded ... ). In reality RWYs follow the (correct) mesh's slope, but FSX can not do that. It will stick to the coded apt elevation and rise or push down the mesh with it.

Once Vector is out and thus all apt elevations corrected (at least to the value Jeppesen is announcing), we may consider a generic solution such as a new AFM or even a new mesh with all apts "woven" into it.

Cheers!

Stefan

Hello Manta!

I have the same plateau.

I even have this plateau, when I disable the FSG Ultimate layer. (That always should be the first step to find the reason.)

So it has nothing to do with FSGU.

However, I doubt we will have a solution here, as the reason is in the flat airports concept of MS. When you check, you will see, that in the area of the tramarc elevation is the same as the city. So obviously this airport has a slope to the left side (don't know, if this image is norded ... ). In reality RWYs follow the (correct) mesh's slope, but FSX can not do that. It will stick to the coded apt elevation and rise or push down the mesh with it.

Once Vector is out and thus all apt elevations corrected (at least to the value Jeppesen is announcing), we may consider a generic solution such as a new AFM or even a new mesh with all apts "woven" into it.

Cheers!

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

take into account that if you disable FSGlobal mesh inside the game, it won't change a thing. Though apparently disabled, FSX keeps on loading it up. All you need to do is exiting the sim, and be sure to load a scenery config file without a FSGlobal area inserted. To be able to do that in a fast way, I use a wonderful free programme called fsscenery. With that I can create many scenery config files and choose everytime, with a simple click, what FSX wants to load.

For me it's not a huge problem, I tought that with the Iceland scenery, we should have been introduced to how well FSGlobal mesh blends with FTXGlobal. Most likely it is not the time yet. Thanks to a very kind simmer in this forum I was able to install Aerosoft Keflavik and now I have a very good airport inside a brilliant landscape.

Hello!

How do you know, it keeps loading it up? When I disable it, I see default mesh, even with FS Global layers (disabled of course) in Scenery Libraray. Not in the demo of course, since it comes with its own FS Global 2010 mesh. If you disable Ultimate, you still will see that one.

I do not understand, what you mean by "it is not the time yet". The mesh blends wounderfully with FTX Global and especially with Vector. Now rivers will run in valleys and not up the hills, etc, etc. It is widely known, that FSX unfortunately has this flat apt concept. We can not change that (and possibly never will be able) .It concludes, that at apts, which are not flat, always has to be a compromise for visual reference. At this stage we can only fix this optically, which we do with AFM. This is the same approach the "friendly simmer"  probably gave you. A micromesh, which blends into the area around. As I wrote, we are investigating into that. But Vector has to be released, since this solution (micromesh) also opens possible sources of even more problems which have to be taken into account.

Cheers!

Stefan

Hello!

How do you know, it keeps loading it up? When I disable it, I see default mesh, even with FS Global layers (disabled of course) in Scenery Libraray. Not in the demo of course, since it comes with its own FS Global 2010 mesh. If you disable Ultimate, you still will see that one.

I do not understand, what you mean by "it is not the time yet". The mesh blends wounderfully with FTX Global and especially with Vector. Now rivers will run in valleys and not up the hills, etc, etc. It is widely known, that FSX unfortunately has this flat apt concept. We can not change that (and possibly never will be able) .It concludes, that at apts, which are not flat, always has to be a compromise for visual reference. At this stage we can only fix this optically, which we do with AFM. This is the same approach the "friendly simmer"  probably gave you. A micromesh, which blends into the area around. As I wrote, we are investigating into that. But Vector has to be released, since this solution (micromesh) also opens possible sources of even more problems which have to be taken into account.

Cheers!

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

sorry, most likely I have misunderstood the product in its wholeness and being abroad two weeks didn't help me being up to date. I had understood that FTXGlobal didn't have a mesh and that we costumers whould have used a third party mesh, preferably FSGenesis or FSPilots' mesh. So, though I read clearly that the Demo came out with a mesh, in my mind I was certain that there was no mesh, so after disabling Ultimate, I thought I had in front of me the default mesh not FSGlobal 2010! With FSGLOBAL 2010 everything is perfect, at least where I've flown over and Keflavik doesn't have any kind of slope. The slope comes out enabling Ultimate, that's all. In fact in my first post I wrote:

Of course, without FSGlobal Ultimate, Keflavik airport elevation is correct

With "it is not time yet" I was just referring to the fact that maybe, concerning the slope of apts, not everything is yet solved, maybe everything will be ok in the next minutes ore maybe not. I didn't mean to be rude.

At this point I'm asking to myself: FSGlobal Ultimate will work with FTXGlobal just as well as FSGlobal 2010 does, or maybe not? Entrust to AFM is fine until the airport is not surrounded by steep mountains.

Regarding

How do you know, it keeps loading it up? When I disable it, I see default mesh, even with FS Global layers (disabled of course) in Scenery Libraray.

I don't know what to say.  In my system, though disabled, I can't get back to the default mesh. I can get back to it only closing FSX and reopening it without any call about FSGlobal in the scenery config file. Please, bear in mind that I'm your costumer since 2005, having bought either FSGlobal X 2008 and the three packs of FSGlobal Ultimate (no, I don't have FSGlobal 2010), and I always had this thing. With all the problems FSX arouse in time, I never considered this fact an issue.

Ciao

Fabio

Archived