Manual installation

oldpuffer

Please pardon my stupidity but I do not understand the procedure.  I am trying to install from a disc using the manual option.  A file is returned to another computer with a .fsc extension but the installation wrapper is looking for a .fsk extension.  If I select the file with the .fsc extension it fails.  What am I missing?

If you are referring to one of the earlier Orbx airport scenery DVDs, try going into the file folder for the DVD and find the application execute file and run it by clicking that file. Also, you might want to consider opening the application file as Administrator. This worked for me.

To clarify matters:

I have the Pacific Fjords scenery on DVD that has just been received from Flight sim store, also the three items of registration info for the product from my account with Flight sim store.  When I run the wrapper from the DVD and choose manual validation a .fsc file is produced.  I have no idea what the next step is except that the validation sequence expects a .fsk file as input.

I have tried every variation of online validation including switching off the firewall and anti-virus software; also running the .exe file as administrator.  It always hangs with a "not responding" message.  How is the manual route supposed to continue once I have the .fsc file?

Mightily Frustrated

Archived