ORBX PNW Install problem

rwcatherall

Have just reinstalled PNW on new machine and get the following error when attempting to Apply North American Region:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application..........

Could not find a part of the path D:\.............\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default,xml

Any suggestions? 

Regards

Hi Hendrik,

Not sure what you are referring regarding registry fix or are you referring to OrbxFTXGlobal110.zip file which I've not installed. Anyway noted one other problem......the scenery.cfg file did not update to include the orbx files. ProgramData->Microsoft->FX did include the file "scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup,cfg" however not changes made to the scenery file. 

Bob

The file i ref to is at the very bottum of the side.: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html and if You read the text,

You wil se that there is a Link to another RegFix for other than AU.

But as said, You have to give somthing more info about Your installation, i think.

For one: do you have other  FTX (ORBx)regions?...You must have or else, you cuttent say "the following error when attempting to Apply North American Region:"

Apply to what??

Just my 2 pence

Just be patient, my friend, all comes to though, who can wait 8) 

Kind regards 

Henrik

No I have no other regions. Installed the registry patch but no change. Also taking a look at the ORBX folder in FSX I note that there is no BACKUP folder in the Scripts folder. The only folders in "Scripts" are Aero, Custom.na, FTXCentral and Lights. So I guess therein  lies the problem??

Bob

The last thing i can say, is that you can try to download a "new PNW", beacourse some of the old  downloads isnt up to date regarding patches.

I have yesterday reinstalled PNW and the "NEW" Download one is alredy patch 05 , so you wont have to patch this and

remember always to install the last Lib : 130927 as the last thing you do. ::)

Henrik

Hi again.

Yes of course it could be a problem, especially if you dont have permision/brought FTXGlobal.

So  again. Do you have any other Orbx /3Party relatet in this mess??

As far i can se You only have PNW to deal with.

And if You havnt purcased FTX Global, then dont try to RUN IT, it wil course that your Texture(FSX) Going South, and no one to help you...

Then again my Friend, You have to give some more info if  You expect anyone on this earth to help YOU.

Sorry but ....

Kind regards

Henrik

Edit: OK Wolter, Sometime im also lose the track ::)

Archived