YMML - Airbridges & PMDG 777

XCLTM3

Not a huge issue - but, airbridges are not lining up correctly with the PMDG 777.

eg: Gate D10 - the airbridge will move to Entry Door 2L (which is fine), but it does not line up correctly with the door and ends up about 1 to 1.5 metres higher above the door than it should.

Is there a way I can tweak this to get it right?

Appreciate your assistance.

Rgds

Steve

Hi Eddie,

just to clarify:

The PMDG 777 Door 2L is rigged correctly at my end.

I've tested this with FS Dreamteams KLAX & KLAS (and Flightbeams KPHX) and the gates/airbridges are lining up correctly with Door 2L.

Ergo, I'd have to conclude this is an ORBX issue rather than a PMDG.

Could you please reopen the thread and see if I can get a resolve response.

Much appreciated.

Rgds,

Steve

Hi Eddy,

just took some more time to be a little more methodical -

Tested all the "Heavy" gates at YMML with a lot of mixed results for the 777. These were the "D" gates. Some airbridges were too short in their reach - some misaligned with the doorway completely - some protruded through the aircraft.

In terms of the NGX - mixed results here too - on any "free-moving" airbridges at small gates there were some that fell short - and some that protruded into the aircraft. For the gates that just retract & protract (eg E3, E5, E7) the results are reasonable.

Haven't tested any default a/c as I don't fly them (although I understand your reasoning on this - but, payware a/c should be accommodated more so than default MSFSX a/c - imho)

Now, testing the 777 & NGX at KLAX, KLAS & KPHX.

The NGX plays well at all 3 airports particularly the "small" gates. The airbridges all lined up very well to the a/c. (All the airbridges in all 3 airports are free-moving).

The 777 plays well at all Large Gates in particular at KLAX (ie from the new TBIT - to the United Gates, Delta, etc). Airbridges were lining up correctly with Door 2L.

The 777 also plays well at the large gates at KLAS. Airbridges were lining up correctly with Door 2L.

The 777 had some mixed results at KPHX as the gates there are primarily designed for 737's, A320's, & smaller. Although, some of the airbridges did line up quite well nonetheless.

My results were conclusive enough for me to indicate that YMML has some issues with my PMDG a/c - and proof of which is those same a/c are fine at other payware airports. I understand YMML has been around several years now, and there have been no updates to keep it in-line with the improvements to a/c we've seen in FSX over the last 2-3 years.

I don't wish to take up any more of ORBX's time on this - so, if there is a way in which I can remedy this issue myself - I'd be happy to give it a whirl - if somebody could explain "how to" if that's at all possible? I enjoy the little attention to details in FSX and I suppose that's why I'm trying not to give up on this.

PS: as a side-issue - I've noticed that at Gate D20 - freighter a/c park there all the time - not sure if that is RL, or a glitch in the afcad? Not sure that cargo freighters should be parking at the terminal? All my AI freighter a/c are coded correctly to park only at CARGO bays. Can anyone confirm either way?

Much appreciated.

Rgds,

Steve

Archived