Coff's Harbour and Boeing 737 ops

Neil

I have just purchased and loaded up Blue, Gold and Coff's Harbour, and it looks like the real potential of FSX has been realised. It has been a 2 year journey, of hardware and software upgrading, but now everything works. Coff's Harbour is excellent, I see that Quantas and Virgin have operated 737's into Coff. The runway 03/21 is a little short of 7,000 feet, and their doesn't appear to be a turnaround pad at either end. How do the 737's operate, with a full load of passengers and min fuel, it seems pretty tight, from the taxiway entries, A and D. Haven't found any pilot's notes covering operations, either.

They would backtrack and turn around on the runway itself, they can turn pretty sharply. RWY 21 can be accessed from behind it, and 03 will be backtrack and turn at the end of it, the runway widens at the end a little. also i noted in a pic from google earth there is a smaller turn around point about 3 1/4 down runway 21, this would be for landing aircraft to turn around I would suggest

Just what i think would happen, I am not a pilot and have never been there, so i don't actually know

Thanks, went back and looked, and the textures match Google. I think you are right about the smaller turn point, too. I could not find any notes in Jeppesen charts  or AirServices. Looks like an interesting airport, probably gets some good crosswinds, being parallel to the Ocean. I see that Quantas has replaced their 737's with DH400's, this is happening here too (British Columbia, Canada), turbo's are replacing jet's, at the smaller regional airports. Anyway, I will stick to 737's. Looks's like a max braking, reverse thrust landing, in wet weather, should be entertaining, with real weather.

For what it's worth guy's i was up at Coffs in November for a break with the family. One rainy day I took the little fella to the airport see Virgin land and takeoff. I was expecting to see the Embraier but was suprised to see one of their 737's land on runway 21. When it departed on runway 21 it had to do a full u-turn as there appeared to be no taxi way to the  end of the runway. It seemed to do this with ease...

Archived