scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg empty after latest installs!

quadraspleen

Eeeek!

So, I have been away from my PC for a while. Before I went away I sucessfully completed a flight over France with FTX Global. I'm sure I patched it to 1.1 before I went away but no matter.

Recently, I have purchased and installed Canberra and Compton Abbas. I installed them yesterday making sure FTXC was set to the relevant region first. I also installed CRM patch 2, again making sure FTXC was set to NA.

Today I installed the latest libs.

I started FSX and it gave me a no valid scenery.cfg error, so I went into the scenery.cfg location and my scenery cfg is blank; It's not 0kb, It's 35kb but there is no text in it at all.

I know about starting FSX with no scenery.cfg and letting it rebuild, or ising the default, but FTXC gives me an error about terrain.cfg having no landclasses, so I'm not sure it's doing anything anyway. I checked my terrain.cfg and it is blank and 0kb.

Do I have file corruption? My PC crashes once a day. It has an intermittent fault with its PSU that makes it just reboot with no warning once a day or so.

Help!

Thanks,

jake

Touche Wolter  ;)

I hear you,  but it's a drag, having to split the whole PC to troublehsoot an error that only happens once a day at most. I was just wondering if it was a known error/issue

All fixed now. Did a repair install on FSX and reinstalled Global.

Thanks anyway :)

Archived