FTX Settings with Global - AUYSCB and the fabulous Canberra Cityscape release

PeteBest

Not sure if this fits into Global or Payware support forum but will try here for starters?  I would really appreciate some advice re old and new FTX Central Settings please:-

I recently purchased & installed the FSX Global base pack (current V1.10 –FSS0229617) which seemed to seamlessly compliment my pre-existing FTX AU Canberra Airport YSCB (V1.1).  (I hadn’t flown from YSCB using the new base pack so can’t comment as to any fps issues prior to install of the great Cityscape program  FSS0237938-see below)

Last night I added the stunning FTX AU Canberra Cityscape (V1.0) to the mix and did a trial dusk flight to check the scenery – lighting spectacular and road traffic (set at 15%) even better – but did note a fairly big hit to FPS now showing between 12-15fps.

When flying from YSCB previously with the same detail settings I was getting around 22-27fps in line with other detail airports such as YMLT, NZFM and even OZx YMRY,

Don’t get me wrong I am very happy with the programs but have been wondering if my settings in FTX Central need changing??.  After installation I selected and ran the flight under Oceania with vector lights not selected - Should I have used the FTX Global option using hybrid mode for the older YSCB install with or without Vector road lights? OR??

I’m also wondering whether I need to use the FTX Lights Day and FTX Night options or are they now redundant?

Love the product just getting better and better - Appreciate any assistance in regard to the above.

Cheers 

Hi Pete, both YSCB airport and Canberra cityscape use the classic night lights, FTX Global instead uses a brand new night lights with zero impact on performances.

Classic nightlights have for sure a hit on performances, so the switch day/night mode is not redundant, switching on day mode you disable all the lightpoles, also in the night, with a significant increasement on performances.

Having FTX Global too, it's correct to activate the hybrid mode, this allows you to fly between the ORBX regions without switching. Anyway, Canberra cityscape, as well as YSCB airport, are designed to be used with FTX AU Blue, so it takes its features from the base region pack (night lights included).

Our tests indicate that using YSCB alone or togheter cityscape there isn't a great difference in performances.

Please try for first using the day mode and report how it goes :)

Archived