SP4 Australia - Crash on FSX start up.

timtim83

Hello,

I recently wanted to install Orbx's Australia SP4 on my FSX but after the installation of this, FSX keeps crashing on start without any warnings. 

I have installed FTX Global and FTX New Zealand South and it worked fine until I had the idea to install Australia.

I have installed the Australia patch 2 on support page and the lastest ORBX Library 130927, with no luck. I have tried to start fsx with FTX Global only selected (hybrid not selected), then Australia only (which changed the name of previously Oceania by Australia only) and also tried Ftx Global in hybrid mode and nothing of those were successful. Flushing sceneries or validating files didn't help either. 

Tried to get a new FSX.cfg, deleted exe.xml, scenery.cfg and dll.xml, renamed logbook.bin in my documents, no one of those combinations worked.

I even tried Australia SP4 on a clean install of FSX without FTX Global, and it still crashes my FSX on start. I really don't understand what's wrong with this Australia, I am really clueless

Any help will be appreciated,

My system runs on a windows 7 x64 with 12 go of ram, i7 2600k@4.2ghz nvidia GTX680. By way, my FSX is in french, maybe it has trouble with accents in the scenery.cfg or whatever. 

Regards,

I have downloaded it on flightsim store a few times and I didn't get any error during the download nor the installation. I don't think that's the culprit. I have tried switching from Australia to FTX global and vice versa. Running FSX with FTX Global selected or Australia made no difference. Still crashing on start up.

Sometimes  I get a crash box with api.dll as faulty.

The "weird" thing is, I had FTX Global with New Zealand South installed and had the "Oceania" region but with the Australia SP4 installed afterward, "Oceania" turned out in "Australia" only. Even with patching again with ORBX libs, it didn't turn back as "Oceania".

This is kind of frustrating. I ponder the question of deleting my whole fsx again...but I had very nice and consequent installation of FSX. *sigh*

Update : Actually went berserk and I am desinstalling the whole FSX and addons. 

I will try to install Australia SP4 all alone and see if this time it works then I will add FTX Global. I will be back here for the result. 

Well it seems that reinstalling FSX then Australia and then FTX Global did the trick. I have yet to download everything (REX, a few planes...) and try to install the New Zealand to see if everything is really ok. But it seems good so far. 

I guess I will stick to an ORBX products only installation to avoid any troubles, but it's ok, those are the best sceneries I could find so far. I can't wait for the landclass and vectors !

Thanks for the support ! 

Archived