No Vehicular Traffic - Where Has It Gone?

brudgeon

A while ago) I started a topic about the total lack of vehicular traffic on main roads in Orbx England.

It was suggested that this would be fixed by installing the .001 patch which I have now done.

Flying eastwards out of Filton near Bristol I follow the M4. I chose to fly at dusk so that vehicle headlights would disclose their presence (or lack thereof). Sadly not a single vehicle!  The Traffic display setting is at 16%. I assumed the problem was in the new England installation.

Just to see, I transferred to Portland, Oregon (Orbx NA Blue). Result, no traffic. Ditto with Sydney and even default FSX.

I always used to see traffic so where has it gone??

Hi Brudgeon,

Have you any FS9 AI traffic files installed in your FSX sim, and is the lack of traffic restricted to road traffic or all forms (Aircraft, boat, vehicle) Unconverted FS9 traffic files can and will prevent FSX AI traffic from appearing, you must convert them to FSX compatability.

Unconverted WOAI traffic files and others are sometimes responsible for this traffic error, check your sim for any traffic files of this type. They can be found in your FSX Scenery> World> Scenery folder listed as traffic.

You can experiment by switching them off typing (.OFF) after their extension. If you find that doing this brings back the traffic then use a traffic conversion tool, but remove the .OFF extension before you do returning them to the ON condition.

If you are running FTX AI traffic files for Aust/NZ or Nth America then there will be an .OFF extension on the FSX default traffic file selected by checkmark in the FTX-AI control panel, (only switch the default on and off via the Control panel) or you may end up with 2 default traffic files one on and one off causing CPL lockup.

If you indeed find Unconverted FS9 traffic files try this tool, sorry I don't have a DL link but if Graham Eccleston pops in here he might know.

This is the tooly I use to convert such files (AI Flight Planner - Don Grovestien)

Cheers Jeff

Archived