FTXG Freeware NA Pack 1 airports are not showing up

Ted Striker

Hi, I just ran the installers for the FTXG NA freeware airports and the latest libraries but the airports are not showing up in FSX. Nothing related to ORBX, FTX, or any of the airports is listed in the scenery library. There is an ORBX folder that was created in the main FSX folder that looks like it has the airport files in a folder called FTX_FTXG_Global. Am I supposed to add this folder manually into the scenery library?

An FTX central icon was also added to my desktop. There are some items under the tools drop down menu of this program that might help but I didn't want to blindly start clicking on things. 

I do not have any other ORBX products installed on my computer but I do have UTX. Was I supposed to disable UTX before installing these airports or the file libraries?

I also cannot find an uninstaller for these 2 packages. Does the ORBX folder in the main FSX folder contain the only files that these packages installed. If I want to uninstall these packages, will deleting that folder get me back to where I was before I tried to install these airports?

I apologize for all the questions. I always try to read the manuals before asking for help but I must be blinder than a bat because I could not find any instructions anywhere in the files or on this website. Could someone please direct me to where the instructions are for installing these files and for using FTX Central and the tools in that program?  

Thanks,

Ted

Hi Ted,

if you installed the FTXG NA free airports and the newest ORBX library (130909) you should see a folder similar like this depending on where you have your FSX installed.

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery

This FTX_FTX_AIRPORTS should be in the FSX addon scenery library but if not - well, enter it manually.

I guess UTX shouldn't be a problem.

What ORBX product is the order number you show?

I don't know if anyone has tested these airports without having any ORBX products installed but I guess it should work.

Spirit

I copied FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS into the addon scenery folder but that didn't seem to do anything Spirit so I deleted it. I've wasted the whole evening on this, its late, and time to call it quits. I appreciate the help though.  I used to fly into Big Bear in the mid '80s when I learned to fly so I thought I'd try these airports and see what the ORBX hoopla was about.  Noticed your in Chiang Mai. I visited there 15 years ago. Thailand has some of the nicest people in the world. Thanks Again.

Ted

I copied FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS into the addon scenery folder but that didn't seem to do anything Spirit so I deleted it. ......

Hi Ted,

you need not to move it to the addon scenery folder. You should have the FTX_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS entry in your scenery library. This entry points to this folder:

....Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery You also can create this entry but it should be already there.

9-28-2013_16-46-47.jpg

If you prefer to copy the content of this folder (10 files in your case at least) then copy it into this folder: .........\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery

You should be fine with this too. By the way, how many files do you have in the ....Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder?

Good luck

Spirit

I added the FTX_FTGX_AIRPORTS folder to my scenery library as you said by pointing to it the ORBX folders from within the scenery library. That removed all the default buildings that were at L35 and replaced them with a fuel tank and 2 motorhomes. :D  I removed it from the scenery library and got my default airport back. Maybe you need FTXG to use these airports. All it says on the release announcement is that you need the latest libraries, which I installed. Wife says I used up todays allotment of FSX time, need to move on. Thanks Spirit.

Ted

Hi Ted,

well, you need not to have FTX Global because I don't have it either and the 10 airports work fine in my FSX. You can post a screenshot of one airport and I can show you my screenshot of the same airport so you can compare if you want.

The ORBXLIBS must be above these airports in the scenery library.

Have fun

Spirit

Hi Ted,

The installer ORBX uses assumes you have at least one ORBX scenery installed.  I do not see in your sig that you have any of our scenery's so installation may be problematic.  If you have an ORBX scenery installed you should have FTX Central installed as well.  Please set FTX Central to the NA region and reinstall the airports, that should set up everything correctly, then you can set it back to FTX Global and you'll be good to go.

You may be able to install without any ORBX sceneries but 1) I don't know how and 2) it would have to be done manually.  That being said these airports do work on stock FSX but would definitely need the ORBX Libs installed.

Cheers, Neil

Neil, I ran the airport pack installer again and the Big Bear airport showed up. Looks just like it did when I had lunch there a couple months ago. Nice job.

FTX Central is on my desktop and must have gotten loaded by either the airport pack or the ORBX libraries installer. There is not an NA region to set it to, only a default FSX symbol. This is probably because I do not have any FTX regions or FTXG installed.

Can you tell me what the what the different tools do in the tools drop down menu or direct me to some instructions/explanations? Did see anything on the FAQs page about this.

Thanks, Ted

I had time to fly to all the airports except Pismo Beach this weekend. They really add a lot of life and ambiance to these airports. Very nice package. Either I didn't install the libraries and airport package in the right order or maybe I hit the apply button in the FTX Central which set everything back to default. Running the airpack installer again seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for the help Spirit and Neil.

Ted

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ted,

The installer ORBX uses assumes you have at least one ORBX scenery installed.  I do not see in your sig that you have any of our scenery's so installation may be problematic.  If you have an ORBX scenery installed you should have FTX Central installed as well.  Please set FTX Central to the NA region and reinstall the airports, that should set up everything correctly, then you can set it back to FTX Global and you'll be good to go.

You may be able to install without any ORBX sceneries but 1) I don't know how and 2) it would have to be done manually.  That being said these airports do work on stock FSX but would definitely need the ORBX Libs installed.

Cheers, Neil

Neil With  the Freeware air ports 1 / 2 and three I only have the standard Fsx and since the freewares all make reference to Global I wonder if I can install and have success using only standard Fsx.  Thanks for your comments.  eray9s  Ray S.

Hi Ray,

My airports assume you have FTX Global installed (or a region, which I see you have) and the installer for each pack installs expecting FTX Central to be there (standard with all our ORBX packages). These airports will work with non Global FSX but you will need the latest ORBX libs which you can download free from the FTX Support page.

Cheers, Neil

Archived