FTX ENG: AI Traffic: just parking spots, or actual flightplans, too?

theFiddler

Hello All,

the FTX: England Manual says

"The registered airfields have been enhanced with the accurate placement of hangars and facilities, terrain adjustments and scheduling of GA traffic to closely match their real-world counterparts." (my emphasis)

I understood this to mean that actual AI flightplans are part of the package.

However, I seem to be seeing none.

Moreover, my FTX Central list of installed components does not include any "AI" or "GA" related entries (such as I have seen in posts e.g. from users of  FTX: NA).

And from various messages here on the forum I get the impression that FTX: ENG actually provides only the parking spots, but that the actual flightplans have to come from elsewhere, such as FSX default AI traffic, AI traffic add-ons, etc.

(I have currently all such traffic disabled, to see what happens.)

I also tried to locate any FTX files containing such AI flights, but found only a group of files called CVX_FTX_EU_ENG_traffic_1234.BGL

but that must be something else (probably terrain-related).

Can someone clarify please?

Please note that I am not complaining about any lack of actual AI flights (if there really are none in the package).

On the contrary: I prefer to "roll my own" anyway. I'd just like to know what to expect.

(E.g. to avoid, among other things, that the airports get "overloaded", because both my own and FTX's flightplans send planes there.)

Thanks for all comments.

Cheers,

Martin

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Sorry for bumping this thread up.

I've tried to make some FP's for Elstree but I ran into problems. I'm not good at that.  :-[

Is there any chance that ORBX will release a traffic file for the UK as well?

But it's no problem, one can always make one's own

Archived