FTX PNW won't intstall (from disk ordered from PC Aviator, Inc.)

Mike Echo Charlie

Help - I tried to install this scenery from the disk that I just got and it is showing an error ('error: setup cannot create the following folder: \Effects'). I ordered it from PC Aviator (order #105052 or #339329A, I'm not quite sure which is the order #). I then tried right clicking the install .exe on the D: drive and clicked 'install as administrator' and it still didn't work (same error message). I then tried the same thing w/ my antivirus turned off and same thing. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?

Also I forgot to mention I'm running Windows 7, have 294 free GB available, and have a recent install of FSX Gold w/ acceleration (includes SP2). I have my UAC set to never inform, I just downloaded the FSX registry fix and ran that (and retried, no joy). I only have Megascenery North Carolina installed, as well as a couple of 3rd party addons (A2A Piper Cub w/ accusim and P-38 lightning).

Also tried copying everything from the DVD and putting in a folder on C: and installing - no luck, same error message. I recall that when I installed the A2A cub, the installer didn't find the path to FSX (it's under 'C:Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games...). For the A2A installer I simply needed to point it to the location for FSX, then it installed fine. Also, I checked and have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 extended installed.

thanks in advance for any help - I'm really getting stuck.

MC

Success!! Thanks much for the assist - that registry utility did the trick (I was starting to wonder if the installer just didn't know where to look, but I had no idea how to get it pointed there or if it was something else). Now I just need to get a faster computer - the scenery is beyond spectacular but around the Seattle area it slows it down a good bit. I'll try tweaking the settings in FSX to tone the density down a bit.

Thanks again!

MC

Archived