Tried almost everything for installing scenery

oldpuffer

I have bought Northern Rocky Mountains and Pacific fjords from Flightsim.com.  The files were downloaded rapidly and smoothly. Neither instal will work.  I have disabled anti-virus software, run the instal as administrator and placed the order number etc. by copying and by typing.  The installation process becomes unreponsive after entering the data and can only be stopped by shutting down the PC.   I am running a fully patched Win 7.  I went to the manual validation option but after generating the code file I have failed to find out how to use it.  Is there any other option to try?

oldpuffer

as a rule of thumb,

make sure your fsX install is excluded from Anti Virus programs, they all act differently and some of them just delete files on god knows what criteria

make sure to unzipp the installer into it's own folder

make sure you have Administrator rights and always run the installer by right-click and install as Administrator

make sure that the User Account Control is disabled

make sure that you have enough free space left on your C drive for the un-wrapper to do it's thing, safe to say the 20 G's is a minimum requirement

NEVER EVER try and run the installer from within the zip file, you are prone for faulty installs and other mishaps

for larger files use a download manager with resume option, in case the line get's screwed you can resume your download and do not need to start all over again

Hi Had the same problems with these programs last year In the end nothing worked and I ended up purchasing the discs for both (I was not happy)

Strangely I have just purchased  FSX GO and yes you guessed it the down load zipp was well empty Jae advised me to clean out my browser that did not work (Probably I did not do it right) Had to download to my lap top and the copy it to my desk top computer with FSX on That worked

I have reinstalled a lot of my Orbx But still a lot more to reinstall I will use the right click method of install and hope I have no more problems

Archived