Aircraft front window

}SkOrPn--7

I have a ".bmp" image which I located in the texture folder that represents the front window of the plane. Problem is I would assume for realism it has a blue tint to it which when flying in VC mode it's like flying in a fog when looking out the front window. The remainder of the aircrafts windows are clear or got that look about them that there glass or plexi and you can tell that there is something in the window frame but still transparent. What I would like to do it take that file and keep all the reflections and textures but make it more clear to mimic the other windows.

Is there anyone that knows what there doing and could do this for me or explain in real noob terms how to go about it?

The image below is the file I found and pulled from the folder but as you can see it's like looking through a cloud. I need it to be more transparent/clear but keep the details or more to the point if it could match the side windows would be perfect. If anyone can help me I would be happy to send them the file or any others to complete the task.

Click the image to enlarge.....

Posted Image

Thanks

PS: There is nothing wrong with the file this is how it's meant to be but for me it's no good it might be alright for you youngsters but this old fart has real trouble.

Is it one of these FS9 to FSX sdk/aircraft incompatibility issues?

Are you running SP2?

Cheers

No no not one of those the screen from what I can tell is like this in real life but for me I need it clearer the colour is wrong and yes I am running SP2/Acceleration but that is not the issue. If someone could make the front window clear like all the side windows I would be as happy as a pig in sh....  ;D That image I posted is clear and transparent but just too foggy for my liking. I will post a screenshot of it and one with another aircraft as a comparison.

Image as I would like it a clear canopy/window

Posted Image

Front window blue in colour or tinted but as you can see down the bottom right the side windows are all clear so I would like the same effect as the front but with the clear look. It has a reflection of the front panel and I wish that to stay just make the window clear with the reflection and everything else remaining

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

What Aircraft to start with as many employ differing ways of applying transparency to their windows.

inside is totally different to outside, and also wether it is DXT 1, 3 of 5

More info is needed Sir.

Archived