FTX Global FTXConfigurator has stopped working

jimlc

Orbx FTX Global order # FSS0230846

I have purchased, successfully installed, and have been using (for a few years now) PNW, CRM, NRM, and PFJ (and a bunch of airports within those regions).  Everything installed and ran perfectly.

I recently purchased FTX Global on a DVD from FlightSimStore and installed it as per the instructions. I also applied the latest patch. When FTX Central comes up and I click on North America to switch to one of my purchased regions, a window comes up saying that "FTXConfigurator has stopped working". A spinning circle appears on the FTX window for my cursor and never stops until I force quit.

When I start up FSX in the PNW region I just get the standard FSX scenery -- not the PNW scenery that I  purchased and am used to seeing.

If I quit FSX and go back to FTX Central and click back onto FTX Global and hit "Apply" I get a window titled, "FTX Central  Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.  Access to the path 'H:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied." Again, I have to force quit to get out of FTX Central.

Also, every time I open FTXCentral a User Account Control window comes up asking me if I want to let FTXCentral "from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?".  What's up with this message every time I open FTX Central (it never happened before I installed FTX Global)?

What am I missing here?

I would suggest turning off UAC (User Access Control), to do this hit the windows key, enter UAC in the search box, lower slider to minimum, reboot PC

Access to the path 'H:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied

A clue here is the 'access is denied', which indicates Antivirus is preventing FTXCentral from working, firstly: try right-clicking on the FTXcentral desktop icon>>Properties>>Compatibility and tick the little box: "Run this program as an administrator' 

Failing that you'll need to exclude your FSX folder from your Antivirus

Archived