Yananji Dreaming coming to YMML

jon_151

Thank you FTX and REX for making this wonderful and detailed addon for FSX, a lot of tweaking still need to be done especially the FPS I got in YMML only 8-10 the most, does anyone got any tips? I have edited the FSX CFG with tweaks and my system is very adequate.

Anyway enjoy the pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very impressive but I don't think I would want to fly in a 'plane like that.  The pilot must be a 'hippy'. ;D

John

Yananyi Dreaming

Qantas celebrates one of the world's oldest cultures and the latest in aviation technology with 'Yananyi Dreaming', a painted Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

The fuselage layout was designed by Balarinji using individual motifs painted by Rene Kulitja whose vibrant colours are inspired by the dramatic landscape surrounding Uluru.

Uluru has dominated the Australian Western Desert landscape for millions of years. The Anangu people have lived in the region for more than 40,000 years, maintaining their special sites and unique culture. Through song, dance and art, they tell their Tjukurpa - Anangu stories of land and journeys that hold their knowledge and their Law. Dances from the Tjukurpa teaching Anangu way of life and history of their land are passed on from generation to generation, keeping culture strong.

'Yananyi' means going or travelling. In 'Yananyi Dreaming' radiating pathways lead to the symbol of Uluru, depicted both as a physical form surrounded by Kurkara (desert oak trees), and as an abstract representation of concentric circles. Blue hills (Tali) rise from the desert landscape, and mala (Rufous Hair - Wallaby) tracks are imprinted on the sand. Lungkata (Blue tongued Lizard) basks in the hot sun in this fragile and ancient place. 'Yananyi Dreaming' is the strong Uluru story.

Rene Kulitja describes her artistic works for 'Yananyi Dreaming.' "This is my traditional place. I am a Pitjantjatjara woman. My pictures tell about the landscape, the animals and the plants of Uluru. We go hunting in the desert for tjala (honey ant) and lungkata (Blue-tongued Lizard). I am a traditional owner at Uluru. My husband, my kids and I - we love this country."

'Yananyi Dreaming' was welcomed to Australia with a special Inma ceremony performed by singers and dancers from Rene's Mutitjulu community in Uluru.

'Yananyi Dreaming' is the third Qantas aircraft to be painted with an Aboriginal design and is to be used in the Australian domestic market.

Painting Specifications

* Painted at Boeing's Seattle headquarters.

* 484.5 litres of paint was used.

* 2,000 man hours over six days to complete.

* 200 large plastic stencils, 7mm thick measuring 1.27m x 3m defined the overall design.

* 63 pieces of nylon stencil ranging in size from 0.5m x 1.5m to 1.25m x 5.6m created the more intricate designs.

Not a hippy in sight there John!  ;)

Archived