Problems unzipping FTX Global files

southie4

Hello,

I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it on its own drive after receiving such a recommendation but now I am having problems re-installing FTX Global.

After installing FSX onto a new hard drive - bought and installed just to host FSX and related files - I could not run the original FSX Global file without a message indicating that the file could not be opened because it was "invalid".  This is confusing, given that the file was not "invalid" when I used it to originally install FTX Global a week ago or so.

I downloaded another copy of the file from the FlightSim store but I also receive that same message stating that the file is "invalid".

I'm downloading the file a third time using FlashGet 3.7 but I won't be surprised if I am again unable to open the file using WinZip 17.5.

Any idea as to what might be going on?

I also notice that this third download keeps getting interrupted. 

Thanks,

Robert

You should clear your internet cache before attempting another download because the corrupted file would still be in cache otherwise.

If your original downloaded file worked to install FTXG then why wouldn't you have kept the original unzipped files and saved them to an external hard drive? I have to say I am surprise at how many people don't archive their downloaded installers so they can use them again later if they need to rebuild Windows. I have all my Orbx installers on an external HD.

Archived