Street lights not working.

Villan

Hi I have got this problem after installing the patch OrbxFTXGlobal110 i don't have street lights at all in say NA Blue but as soon as i start a flight over in Philippines, Thailand, Singapore i get all the street lights from FTX Global. My FTX central is set to FTX Global and have ticked, Use Orbx trees, Hybrid mode, Vector road lights. 

And from my understanding before global was released we would no longer needed to change or turn off FTX central ?

All the street lights were working with the 1st release of FTX Global with out a problem only had the 2 icons.

I have the OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch005 plus FTXORBXLIBS_130820 installed.

Thanks Darryl

Did you get all updates and patches for the installed FTX titles ?

Please check here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

and in case you have to update then remember to install the latest version of ORBXLIBS as last

Yes I have the updates; just like the OP does I have the FTXG 1.1 update AND the latest libraries ; it still does not work I have a whole thread on this and I've even reinstalled the entire packages that I have purchased.

I managed to get Vector road lights working in the FTX Regions by turning off Hybrid mode and leaving Vector road lights and Orbx trees on.

No idea what this means during the day in these regions but at night it looks great especially YMML after takeoff and a right turn towards the CBD.

Ok, here's my experience on this:

I always use DX10. Now that I have the DX10 Fixer from Steve Parsons, I did a complete re-install at the weekend to rid myself of clutter and to start afresh with FTXG only, removing GEX and UTX. I previously relied on UTX lighting in Europe whilst putting up with having NO lighting elsewhere in the world (not counting the dimly lit background tiles for towns/cities etc.). FTXG lights were switched off completely using the manual file rename workaround.

So, in optimism I went for a new install with the intention of using FTXG lights in DX10 thanks to the DX10 Fixer. Reinstall sequence as follows:

1. FSX+Acceleration
  2. DX10 Fixer
  3. ORBX Scenery (all regions, all airports)
  4. ORBX Libs
  5. Switch FTX Central to Global with Hybrid Mode, Vector Lights and Trees
  6. Re-run DX10 Fixer

RESULT: FTXG Lights at full, correct density with intersections OUTSIDE the full fat regions. Within the full fat regions - NO street lights at all. Nada. Nichts. Rien. Zip.

I then did the following:

1. Switch FTX Central to Europe OR North America OR Oceania (any of the full fat regions) with Vector Lights and Trees
  2. Re-run DX10 Fixer - which then seemed to apply fixes to a DIFFERENT set of lights (this is just my perception, please correct me if wrong)
  3. Either leave FTX Central on one of the regions or switch back to Global with Lights, Hybrid and Trees

RESULT: I ended up with the exact same outcome as you've illustrated above. In the regions: very, very sparse street lighting and NO intersection lights. I did then try setting Autogen to Extremely Dense and this did NOT improve the density of street lights, and did NOT add in the intersection lights. OUTSIDE the regions: Full FTXG lighting with intersections even at "normal" autogen density setting.

I then finally got the result we're all after by doing the following:

1. Switch FTX Central to Global WITHOUT Hybrid Mode, but WITH Vector Lights and Trees

RESULT: full FTXG lighting with intersections across FTX Global AND in the regions

Hope that helps. I'm now off to add in REX to improve the look and feel of the lights. Each to their own, but at default settings I think the street lights look too much like huge Chinese lanterns. That's just my view of course. One thing I have noticed is the performance improvement from UTX. I think the UTX lights do look better, yes, but the frame hit is appalling. FTXG Lights win hands down on that score.

Archived