Black squares in Global but not other FTX scenery

WOZA

I have just loaded up FTX Global including the patch plus the latest lib objects.

I have England, Wales, Australia and NZ scenery installed. Textures are OK in these areas. But everywhere else in the Global areas I’m getting intersecting floating black squares scattered randomly throughout the landscape. Some taxiway markers are also black.

It appears to be a DX10 problem, as it does not appear in DX9 mode.

So why are the textures in Global not consistent with those in England, Wales, Australia and NZ?

Global Order No:FSS0234576

Hi there,

FTX Global uses a new autogen-based lighting system that the DX10 shaders do not process the alphas for correctly. The solution for now is to use DX9 mode. Te benefit of this new lighting system is better denser night time visuals and almost zero performance loss.

A fellow called Steve Parsons will soon be releasing his DX10 Tool which fixes the faulty DX10 code to resolve this issue as well as hundreds of other issues with DX10 in FSX.

Thanks John. I use DX10 because my image is much crisper and clearer without some little jaggies I get with my video card using DX9.

I look forward to getting hold of the Parson's fix. Is that something that will appear on this forum or elsewhere.

Regards. F

Thanks John and Flightsimstore. Yes the DX10SceneryFixer solved the black squares problem in FTX Global in DX10 mode. All is now working as it should as far as I have tested.

Problem Resolved.

Archived