Strange texture footprint high altitude flight with FTXG

Rick2B

Hi everybody,

I may have missed something about FTXG aspect but it's the first time i notice this :

During hight alttude flight, it looks like FTXG textures don't cover the whole horizon.

As a result, i get what can be seen on the screens below : a kind of circle with a radius decreasing when the altitude increases and where the plane would be the center...(It remembers me FS ALTITUDE in some ways, when i used to use it).

And beyond that, FSX original textures are visible i think.

3YyQq.jpg

oUPbs.jpg

EKcxh.jpg

wPZTf.jpg

I have FTX central on FTXG, no hibrid mode ticked and the screens have been taken above germany (not a full FTX region)

Has anyone ever experimenced this ?

Thanks !

Richard

Hi Richard,

This is normal FSX behavior, you can actually see the same thing if you go into overhead view and zoom out enough. There is a set of low resolution textures in FSX that are used for viewing at extreme distances. They make up the globe you see when zooming out very far.

The circle you're seeing is the LOD radius. It determines the resolution of textures loaded. It stays the same size but your viewing distance changes and makes the apparent difference! It can be adjusted in the FSX.cfg but higher settings of course have much higher strain on your system.

Archived