3D/Vector lights gone both NA Blue & FTX Global

MrGsPhace

I've done a search and I'm not sure but I think this has been talkeda bout; and I can't seem to find the topic about it. (although there are a variety of similar topics)

I had no issues with the lights until I installed the FTX Global 1.1 patch and I can't seem to figure out why; I tried just NA Blue only and it still doesn't work.

What do I need to reinstall? Or is there a repair kit for this?

If there's a thread on this please link me it; much appreciated :D

Sorry to spam; but I'm beyond my original intent for help I've decided to try and reinstall all the FTX products I have and I can't seem to figure out how to uninstall NA Blue or the freeware KHQM demo uninstalling FTX Global did some damage to the NA region unfortunately.

Did you use the PNW Demo Uninstaller first? http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

If you are seeing no 3D lights at all I think something is seriously amiss with your installation. Try running the PNW Demo Uninstaller then following these steps:

1. Delete the entire ORBX folder

2. Install NA Blue PNW

3. Install FTX Global

4. Install FTX Global v1.1 patch

That should re sync everything for you. Let us know how it goes ok?

Did you use the PNW Demo Uninstaller first? http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

If you are seeing no 3D lights at all I think something is seriously amiss with your installation. Try running the PNW Demo Uninstaller then following these steps:

1. Delete the entire ORBX folder

2. Install NA Blue PNW

3. Install FTX Global

4. Install FTX Global v1.1 patch

That should re sync everything for you. Let us know how it goes ok?

Yeah I meant to uninstall the demo; I forgot I needed to get the installer.

Well I did manage to remove FTX Global only; and then reactivated NA Blue and I got the 3d lights back, so I'm reinstalling the FTX Global again now

So is there no NA Blue uninstaller???

I finally got the 3D lights back; came very close to reinstalling NA Blue

I uninstalled the KHQM demo; but the report says I still have KHQM is installed so does NA Blue come with KHQM product or is this sold separately?

Unfortunately somehow when uninstalling the demo it took NA with it so I'm reinstalling the NA Blue now; but it still leaves the question of KHQM; I still have the KHQM control panel which doesn't make sense.

Just reinstalled FTX NA Blue PNW and the 3D lights are gone once again!

Edit:

After really checking it out a few things to note:

a friend of mine asked me about whether I had used the lights_day or lights_night .exe scripts to turn them on or off; this did help SOME

it was still bare minimum so I increased the autogen to max and I was able to get more lights but I don't remember having to do either to get more lights and even at full max autogen its not enough

I have screenshots to show you what I've had before and don't have any screenshots for now yet but the lights ARE there just not what I'm used to seeing.

Edit 2:

even the road vector lights won't appear with PNW Blue, so I guess I just need to reinstall the entire Orbx FTX products then?

So I tried to reinstall FTX NA Blue PNW and I run into a problem when trying to apply the FTX NA Blue package in FTX Central and I get this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6407 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FTXCentral
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2.8
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6402 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6411 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6411 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
cisoh6pr
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.6387 built by: Win8RTM
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
bnoi1qcu

That error ^^ is because of this: "Could not find part of the path: C:\program files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml

I have everything up until \script the rest is missing I don't recall seeing that before anyway

This happens AFTER I completely remove the ORBX folder and start fresh... but NOW I can't even install the fangled thing!

I have uninstalled FTX, reinstalled, I get the same results; I can't find my screenshots showing that I have 3D lights the way I remember it; but they are there I noticed that after installing or reinstalling NA Blue the lights have to be "turned on" for some reason.

I also noticed that FTX Global will work with vector road lights if NA Blue isn't active via hybrid and according to the official source the 3D vector lights should still appear only on major arterior roads even in NA Blue hence the hybrid configuration. So right now it does NOT work anywhere on major roads/highways in NA Blue; I don't know about anywhere else yet.

What I don't understand is why I have to turn on the lights when I load up FTX NA Blue; I've never had to do that before and this was long before FTX Global.

Its too bad there's no easy fix for this; so I'll just wait until I reinstall everything

unless you guys have a better idea; I would just close this thread.

Archived