Installing older FTX products after installing FTX Global

ReinBijlsma

I installed FTX Global  and the patch this week after doing a fresh install of FSX. Earlier I also bought FTX NA Blue Pacific Northwest. If install this addon after installing my FTX Global will my FTX Central, date july, which came with FTX Global, be replaced bij the older FTX Central from NA Blue PNW?

Dank Rein ;)

If you install an older FTX title then please make sure that you get all updates and patches available here at the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Install your PNW and relevant updates and patches, and please install the latest OTBXLIBS 130909 last, that should do it omho

:blink:

me again,

when you installed PNW did FTX Central open after the install was finished?

Did you switch to NA before applying the PNW.005 patch and did FTX Central open again?

I see in your Sig that you have W8 x64, I do not know if there are any particulars installing on that a I do not have that, probably won't be much different to W7 x64, just to make sure,

Did you have Use Account Control disabled ?

Do you have Administrator rights?

Did you exclude your main fsX folder and fsX.exe from any possible Antivirus program?

Where do you have your main fsX folder installed, on the C drive or on a dedicated drive?

Is the main ORBX folder within the main fsX folder or did you move it elsewhere?

sorry for all the questions but I have to start somewhere

After installing PNW the right FTX Central which game with FTX Global showed up.( I think it was build july or september 2013, anyway it had the hybrid mode button ) . I applied settings to PNW / NA. Then I installed the patch . Afterwards the old FTX Central showed up. 

I disabled UAC

I have Administrator rights

Excluded in my anti-virus program fsx.exe, fsx-folder and the complete drive I installed it on ( Samsung SSD) .

The ORBX folder is within the main FSX folder.  

just for informational purposes,

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Uhmmmm..... I had the same issue. Spent about a week installing dozens of addons, and the 1.1 patch for FTX Global, which off course I received as a birthday-present from my 99 year old mother, ruined my total FSX installation... :blush: . So I learned my lesson and ordered a legal copy now. Knowing that you won't run into any piracy trouble is definitely worth the money and the scenery looks absolutely fantastic! . So come on guys, go spend some money at FTX.

Btw. I had the same issue once when installing an illegal copy of the PMDG MD80. It wiped almost everything ;-) . So no more illegal copies for me from now on. ::)

How's your mother doing today ?

Hehehe, mother's doing fine ;-)

I think I solved the problem: it seems that ftx central is installing several instances on different places in Windows 8. Anyway, looking at my Windows 8 start screen, the one with the apps, I discovered a more recent version of FTX Central, which offered everything  I wanted. The build date is from july 2013. Everything's working fine now. And i just BOUGHT EU England as well, which I'm going to install this evening. Topic can be closed.

BTW: My old mother promised me to never download any illegal stuff again! . 

Archived