Queenstown Airport Install Issues

gredes

I have just purchased Queenstown Airport NZ which I have been waiting for awhile. Unfortunately I can not get it to install. It some times gets to 3/4 install and stops at: belfastcityhall_texture_26dds. Says decomp error #2029  Other times it only gets a fraction of the way and has the insert disc etc.

I have read all the things about extracting to separate folder, make sure you don't click the ok button before it has completely unwrapped. And I have downloaded the file 4 times from 4 different servers.

I am over this, please tell me how to get it installed. I have never had so much trouble with their downloads before. Can I get it on a disc which would hopefully solve the install issue?

Hi,

not sure what the issue exactly is, but there are several options that could cause this behavior,

limited disk space on your HDD, the installer/unwrapper needs a few G's to perform it's trick, at least 5 G's of free space are needed for this one

you have an overzealous AntiVirus program that puts a spanner in the works

your temp folders are full

User Account control is active

make sure your fsX main folder and the fsx.exe are excluded from permanent scanning by your AV program

try and reboot before making multiple attempts to run the installer

in case of make sure FTX Central is set to Oceania

Thank you for your suggestions. I have since had several more install attempts trying some of your ideas. It did finally install after asking for files that were in the temp folder, by then I knew were some of these files had unzipped to.

I still have no real idea why this has been such a drama. Up until now I have had fairly +ve experiences with the orbx products.

As per everybody else, Great job to your team.

Archived