Orbx NRM airport suggestion for 2016...

MustangAce

...or however far out you've filled your schedule already.

While exploring around Bonners Ferry (Lovely airport by the way!) in the A2A C172, I discovered an area which I think is ripe for some Orbx treatment! Timber Basin Airpark(ID24) is on a small peninsula on Lake Pend Oreille about 31 miles south of 65S. The google maps satellite view reminds me of the old Georender ranch in Oregon. I can't remember the name now. There are natural landmarks for lining up the approach, including a large pond and two bays with the airport directly oriented between them. A road crosses the runway (which seems like a nice place for some OrbxFlow action) and there is a unique curved strip nearby(ID19), as well as a water runway, S96. With the lake defining three of the four sides and mountains on the fourth, it seems like a perfect place to turn into VFR heaven. Any chance of that happening?

Additionally ID19 is actually the Bird Aviation Museum which is pretty significant in it's own right:

http://www.birdaviationmuseum.com/index.html

I've heard stories about Dr. Bird (amazing man - mad scientist, inventor type) since I was knee-high to a grasshopper but I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I've never been there. I should pay them a visit given it's only about 40 miles away, lol. I've never met the man but from all I've read and seen in TV interviews he strikes me as the type that would be completely open to having the museum modeled for flight simulator so I'm guessing cooperation would not be a problem. I'll definitely give this area (and ID24 as well) some close inspection in the sim.

Thanks for the suggestion, you just never know... :)

Wow! That's amazing. Thanks for sharing the link. Looking at the photo page on that site makes me wonder if in the future we might see FieldTripFlow. :) A horde of kids climbing off a bus and vanishing into a building would be highly entertaining, although probably far more trouble than it's worth.

FieldTripFlow? LMAO!

I dunno, I spent a few years driving school bus, I'm not sure I want to re-live that in the sim, lol. Maybe an elementary field trip, I got a kick out of the younger kids, I'd probably pass on a Junior High field trip though! (seriously I loved them all, but just sayin' if I had a choice... :) )

Archived