Difficulties after installing recent releases

Stan V

Let's see if I can explain this problem so that someone else can understand it.  I installed the four most recent ORBX releases in succession without testing each before going on to the next (not a good idea, I know).  There were no installation errors from the installation of  any of the packages.  In order these were:  1) FTX Global 1.10 patch, 2) EU-Northern Ireland, 3) 65S Bonners Ferry, and 4) EGHI Southampton.  I did run FTX Central in between each, however, in what I think was a logical and correct manner; namely before the Global patch, I applied FTX Global; before installing Northern Ireland, I applied Europe, before Bonners Ferry, I applied North America, and before installing Southampton, I applied Europe.  

Finally, I decided to take a flight out of Southampton, so I started fsx.  The first thing that happened was I received a zero exception diagnostic from fsx as it loaded followed by an message informing me fsx was attempting a traceback.  I immediately exited fsx. 

The next thing I tried was running FTX Central, and as it loaded, I received a long diagnostic from FTX Central in the form of a Region Files Validation Report telling me that several "Custom files" do not exist.  These appear all to be in the folder Custom au in the ORBX scripts directory and comprise several .dds and BMP files.  I suspect these are FTX Global texture files.

Can an ORBX person tell me what I have to do to get back on track?

Stan V

Order #s:  Southampton  - FSS0231993

Bonners Ferry - FSS0231675

EU-NIR            - FSS0229636

FTX Global      - FSS0223991

There is a bug in EGHI where Ed inadvertently included a file for FTX Australia which will cause FTX Central to report errors if you do NOT have FTX Australia installed.

He wrote in another support thread:

"Apologies, but I included a file with EGHI that shouldn't of been. So if you do not have the Australia region installed, go to the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions folder and delete the australia.rgn file.

It does not have any effect on the scenery, its just that FTX Central is looking for files because it thinks you have the AU region installed."

Archived