Cannot install FTX Global at all...

Mikymuc

Hello,

I have several ORBX Products and never experienced any Problems so far. However, I purchased FTX Global and cannot install it at all. The installer and wrapper is running smooth, showing no Problems, but FTX Global never appears in FTX Central, I can only see Default and my other installed sceneries:

qu6Hx.png

I tried it already several times (Using Win7 64bit with Administrator rights) an even removed the read-only restriction in FSX as proposed in some Forums, but still, it does not work. I also tried to install the patch 1.10, but then I can't even start FTX Central, saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I then did some tweaks proposed by Microsoft to tackle that issue, but it did not change. Here a screenshot of that (sorry, but it's in German)

jfpk.png

Now after a few hours of trying including several deinstallations and installations, I have no idea any more how to solve this. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Michael

I saved and unzipped everything on a hard disc which has 2.3TB free and I would like to install it on my SDD where I still have 14GB free, so should not be a Problem, or are 15GB required on  the SDD? As it "overwrites" some of the original FSX stuff, I guess I does not need 15 GB for installation, or is this the case?

I just tried it again, during Installation my free disk space goes down to around 4GB, but after the installer and wrapper has finished, free disk space goes up to the Initial 14GB again. Where does FTX Global save all the required files? Just to check whether they are there...

Archived