CTD's after Southhampton install

JohnMD

I installed the EGHI Southhampton airport scenery this afternoon and have had nothing but problems with CTD's after the install.

Airport scenery loads up with no problems and displays perfectly, but when I commence a flight out of the airport and get airborne with any aircraft it then freezes up and crashes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Airport scenery but makes no difference, and have turned off most of the options on the control panel but that also makes no difference, everything was going fine until this install.

I have included event log for your perusal.

+

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Application Error

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2013-09-06T08:36:33.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

PC

Security

-

EventData

fsx.exe

46fadb14

g3d.dll

46fadb58

c0000005

000ba79f

f28

01ceaada14aefdcd

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll

6f0b7b11-16cf-11e3-9074-002354ee1163

regards

John MacDonald

Order Number: FSS0231975
Order Date: 2013-09-06
[ORB-730] Orbx - FTX: EU EGHI Southampton Airport

If Friedi's suggestion does not work for you, load up FSX at EGHI on the active runway, open the menu and go to 'World' then 'scenery library' and untick the "FTX_AA_EGHI" option click ok and allow FSX to rebuild the scenery. When you are back in the sim you will be at FTX ENG rendition of EGHI, try taking off now and see if the CTD still happens, if it does then it's not related to your recent EGHI purchase and will need further investigating. Let us know the result of this test.

Russ.

To Russ and Friedi,

It now works a treat, I had completely forgotten to reinstall my version of FSUIPC 4 after having done a full system reinstall.

I knew there was something that I had not  done, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it, what can I say, I will now go away and eat some humble pie...

I would also just like to say a big thank you to you both, it just goes to show what an amazing talented group of people that we have access to through this forum, when one has issues there is always someone who knows how to resolve the problem, whatever it may be, and it makes our flying in the sim so much easier.

And having said all that, it is clear that EGHI Southampton is just an amazing piece of work, with all those cobble paving stones out on the apron, and static aircraft, etc, and I even got to see the steam train passing by, it just takes your breath away, this is certainly shaping up to be one great airport to fly in and out of.

regards to all for your help

John MD

With all due respect, this problem is not resolved.  I have had the same problem, and I unselected  "FTX_AA_EGH" in FSX Scenery Library, as Russ White suggested, and this indeed eliminated the CTD's.  Which means that the problem does not exist without the EGHI FTX addon selected.  But when I reselected the FTX EGHI scenery, the problem returned.  For me the crashes have occured only when I am approaching the airport from the south.  When I get a few miles from the airport, the system freezes and crashes.  As far as FSUIPC, yes I have already installed it, l but did reinstall after installing the new airport.  I have never had to re-install it before and do not think that is required.

Please help.  A beautiful airport, and I look forward to enjoying it, but the crashes are making it difficult.

Archived