Problem lnstalling NZ South Island from Purchased DVD

Ian-D

I'm new to Orbx scenery and thought I would try on a FSX region that has no other scenery add ons. When trying to load the software on my PC I get the same message "cannot find application" for both my DVD drives. Not sure if this message means can't find the Orbx application on the DVD or DVD can't find FSX.

The only issue I can see that might cause the problem is that my FSX installation is on its own HDD "G" and not the root SSD "C" drive. Other software has found the installation without problem.

How do I get the DVD to find my FSX installation, if this is the cause?

If this is not the problem, how do I get confirmation the DVD has a problem so that I can return the product to the UK supplier (Flightstore)?

Hi Ian,

some DVD readers seem to have an issue of some sorts, what I can recommend is copy the contents of the DVD to a new folder and then run the exe from there

Also for support queries please be so kind and add your ordernumber(s) to your Sig as per forum rules.

Info on how to do that you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated my signature, apologies for the inadvertent ommission.

It looks as though the problem is that neither my DVD drives can read the Orbx DVD, so I can't copy the files or access the User Guide etc. I have tried other DVD's in the drives and they work normally. This seems to point to a faulty DVD.

Having already contacted my suppier they want Orbx to confirm an exchange is approved. How would this achieved? I would appreciate advice.

Is there a specific contact/forum to address this sort of problem

Ian

Hi Wolter,

I have made progress and have to admit to having assumed the DVD was not being read from the message. I tried the DVD in my wife's iMac and it worked perfectly! So i did what I should have done in the first place and looked in Explorer and the installer etc was accessible. So I'm afraid I was being a bit dim.

I have installed the ftx software now but all is not quite right as, although ftx central says it is installed correctly, I have some exception notices and it doesn't seem to have installed correctly and I don't think is visible in FSX. I will have to take my time to go through the process again and make sure everything is as per the installation instructions and updates.

The returns policy is not needed for this product now but  it might be useful to have a clear process should a product need returning to a DVD reseller?

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Archived