Airstrip installations a MUST before PNW .005 patch?

wingclip

Hi folks,

I'm still installing my FSX stuff, (I started a fresh installation to a dedicated HDD a few weeks ago), and things are going fine. I've installed all my remaining 3rd party Mesh files and today I'm finally beginning the FTX installations, (about time!).

OK so, the PNW.005 patch has this statement next to it in the patch download section:

“Always install this PNW.005 patch after a fresh install of NA BLUE Pacific Northwest and any PNW airports, i.e. 1S2/7S3/3W5/KORS/2W1 etc.â€

A; how crucial is it that we install the Airstrips BEFORE the .005 patch?

B; Is this process applicable for all NA section Patch updates?

And C; if and when I purchase a new airstrip for one of these areas, must I reinstall the last patch that applys for that section afterwards?

I'm pretty sure that the latest Orbx Library patch is still the last installation after any additional FTX installations so I wold do that after installing all of my 'bits and pieces' but it's the "A,B, & C" that I'm needing to verify.

Thank you, Rich

Hi Rich,

that has more or less been outdated by today's advances in installers, what I recommend is as follows:

re-install :

before attempting a re-install you must first delete the files/folders that could have become corrupted

in this case for PNW, same applies for other regions as well.

for PNW:

set FTX Central to default/global, de-select all tick boxes, hit "Apply" and exit FTX Central.

Go to => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA

delete the following folders:

FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY

FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX

FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH

FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM

Go to => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

delete all files that have PNW in their name ADE_FTX_PNW_XXXX_elevation_adjustment the file extension can be .bgl or .off

Go to => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

right click FTXConfigurator.exe and select to Run as Administrator, you will not see anything happening as it is a silent application

fire up fsX and confirm PNW is no longer present

re-install PNW + updates and latest Library files

check it is all working

when re-installing fields in NA set FTX Central to NA

re-install the fields with their respective patches and updates

run the latest library files

clean install :

fsX

SP1 + SP2 or Acceleration, make you settings for Controllers, Graphics, etc., etc.

test if all works OK

REX, UTX, FS Genesis, FS Global etc etc + their recommended patches and or updates

test if all works OK

AU regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

AU airports + all updates and patches

test if all works OK, possible need for installing latest library files

NA regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

NA airports + all updates and patches

NZ regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

NZ airports + all updates and patches

EU regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

EU airports + all updates and patches

set FTX Central to default

FTX Global, make sure to make a backup copy when prompted by the installer

run the latest library files

that should about cover it imho

Thank you Wolter!

Though I don't need to worry about uninstalling anything, (The Dedicated HD I've been installing FSX into has never had ANY software before, let alone any FTX software. It's brand new, (or at least it was two weeks ago).

I was only concerned with that statement, (the one I listed in quotes), regarding the Airstrip installations being installed BEFORE the PNW.005 update patch.

So strictly regarding the three questions I had , (A, B & C); I think you're saying that I can install any update patch for any given FTX region, and then install any airstrips that would be located in that region and I would NOT have to re-install the region's update Patch again, right?

If that's not correct, please refer to the 3 questions, (A B, & C), and let me know where I’m wrong.

Thanks again,

Rich

I realize that you listed the installation procedure but I don't think you realize that I wasn't asking for that and your reply did not really answer the question/s regarding that 'pre-installation Patch procedure' which is a direct quote from the FTX instructions.

I have no choice but to assume that when you said that the installation procedure instructions are 'pretty much outdated' that you were referring to that patch installation procedure for those who already have a region of FTX installed as well.

However, that would make sense because if one were to add an airstrip they just purchased for any given region, they would have to hunt down all the info on that particular region and then download and install the latest update patch again and then still have to install the library update, (which I assume is still a requirement).

It would seem a little tedious.

Archived