how do i turn on individual airports

hunter

I want to do a flight Brisbane to Singapore, so I set FTX central to default, but now I don't have FTX Brisbane airport, or any other of the Airports, only the default. I checked my scenery library and there were no FTX files there to tick or untick.

How can I turn on all the airports I have without turning on AU Australia and using the default scenery.

What I did try was make AUAustralia active then went into scenery library and then unticked all the AU files except the individual airports, the orblibs  and the FTXAA airports  that I still left ticked .

It seems to work, is this the right way to go

Assuming you DO NOT have FTX Global since it's not in your sig...

- If you set FTX Central to Australia (or Oceania), you should be able to take off from your Orbx Brisbane (with all its detail) and fly over your Orbx Australia scenery and other Orbx airports, until you reach the edge of its coverage. From there to Singapore, you should be flying over FSX default textures.

- If you set FTX Central to FSX Default, you should be seeing FSX default textures and airports everywhere (no Orbx at all).

FTX Global replaces all the FSX default textures with Orbx ones, which blend with the Orbx regions and look great.

If you DO have FTX Global:

- The simplest method is to set FTX Central to FTX Global and check the hybrid mode box.

Your Orbx Brisbane and Australia scenery should look close to normal Orbx.  When you reach the end of the Orbx region coverage, the new FTX Global textures should blend seamlessly all the way to Singapore or anywhere else on the globe.

- You could alternatively select Oceania (instead of FTX Global).  You would have full Orbx Australia and your airports.  When you reach the end of your Orbx region, the Global textures will still blend, but may not be optimized quite as well.

thank you for replying but sorry but I still don't understand and it does not make sense.  Why then have FTX central. The reason I switch it off is that when I fly in non FTX areas I get scenery missing etc  sometimes.

A while ago in a post I was told that I must switch areas to where im flying in,  If I  fly in AUS tick AUS, fly in UK tick Europe.  

, I have the AUS scenery and the UK scenery.   in an example, if I tick Europe in FTX central.   if I fly Brisbane to UK you are saying that I'd see FTX AUS scenery, then default then Europe FTX scenery,  is that correct.

it is confusing and i'm getting conflicting statements so I decided to not use scenery, only the airports., but I cannot, as in my first post, when I switch to default all my airports go

I've been playing around with the FTX central and I'm still lost.   Why must I check Europe when flying in the UK, then check Australia when flying in oz.    

If I have Europe checked in FS central, then in FSX library AUS is still active.   If I have Australia checked in FC central then in FSX library EUR is still active

I'm not an expert on exactly what files FTX Central effects, but FTX Central is there to load Orbx region specific textures/roads/land-class/mesh.

Since you own FTX Australia and England, if you select Australia in FTX Central, but then start flying in England, it will still look Orbxy (and better than default FSX).

However, some textures (and maybe other features too, again I'm not a expert) will be wrong for England.  You might get an Australian tree or pasture texture instead of the EU England specific tree or pasture texture that you would have if FTX Central was set to EU England.

If you flew across to non-Orbx France, you would find default FSX textures. (Whether FTX Central was set to Default FSX, Australia, or England.)

Without FTX Global, I set FTX Central to the Orbx region that I will be primarily be flying in.  If I then want to fly in a non-Orbx area, I don't need to change Central, because I'll get FSX textures no matter the Central setting.  When I want to fly in a different Orbx region, I then change to it in FTX Central.

In your example of a flight from Brisbane to the UK, I would set FTX Central to Australia since you will fly clear across it.

Australia would have all it's correct Orbx features.

Everything from the edge of FTX Australia to FTX England will be default FSX textures (assuming no other company's add-ons installed)

When you cross into England the textures will be Orbx, but you will be missing out on some (maybe noticeable, maybe not) FTX England details.

You could stop in the middle, exit FSX, switch Central to England, and then continue if you wanted.  (FTX Global is nice because its hybrid mode eliminates any need to switch on flights between Orbx regions.)

Archived