Street lights not showing - Flickering

Mr Palmason

I just noticed when flying over GOLD region flickering street lights and I remembered the street lights.  

They are not in the UK packege. 

You can see here that they are missing in this screenshot and they seem to flicker sometimes " nothing consistant "

I´m using windows 8 all drivers up to date and SIM just installed with no other scenery then FTX and Innsbruck.

All the best

SIggi :)

ychZf.jpg

The vast majority of FTX street lights (even Gold region AU) are yellow with only a few white.

Looking at your screen shot, I see white "pin point" lights with no halo or star effect. Along with the flickering, I would suggest that these could be car head lights. FTX includes cars in parking lots that are displayed, even if you have your vehiclular traffic slider set to zero.

Best way to see what they are actually are is to get a close up look at them.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue, in this case in PNW but probably everywhere: I only see the lights from certain angles. For example, being parked on Bowerman apron when I circle around the airplane slowly, when facing in one very small arc, the lights look as they should. Any other angle: nothing. Also when approaching Bowerman from the air just now: strange on-and-off flickering of all the lights below me, with something like a black circle below the airplane moving with me (at least that's what it looked like).

Please help, I'm just discovering how beautiful this sim could look at night, but I need those lights working properly!

Oh and I tried the water settings - I'm normally running 2xMid, but changing to 2xHigh didn't change anything.

Archived