Black ground / patches in FTX Global

rhickson

To whom it may concern

Yesterday I installed FTX Global (and forgot the backup! Yes yes I know!). Unfortunately I have a completely black ground with trees and airport building on top of it. Can anyone assist me with how/why this is happening and how to get rid of it? I also have FTX Europe and FTX NZ installed.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Rory

Order Number: FSS0225457

Order Date: 2013-07-31

[ORB-727] Orbx - FTX: Global

Hi Rory,

sorry to hear of your woes there.

Could you please post up a screenshot of what exactly you are seeing there, info on how to do this on our forums you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/?p=335815

Also could you please be a bit more elaborate as what the exact error is besides the "black" ground

Hi Rory,

Could you please make sure that you have installed all relevant updates and patches for your installed products from our support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

set FTX Central to Europe, hit Apply

Close FTX Central

install all 3 patches for FT EU England in sequential order carefull follow propmts on screen

run the latest library files

fire up fsX and check

that should about cover it

Hi again Wolter

I have tried the above without any joy. I have also noticed that i have 2 FTX Global icons in the FTX Cetral screen now and the hybrid and other check box that were there when i first installed Global have dissapeared leaving only Orbx trees check box.

Anyway to "uninstall" FTX Global and try again from scratch bearing in mind i forgot to backup my default scenery folder before instaliing :blink:

Thanks

Rory

PS someone suggested i try a "repair" by running repair using FSX disk 1, but i am very sceptical about trying that. Any further advise?

Thanks i will do. i have searched the forum on how to uninstal ftx global and cant find how.....sorry! Please can you let me know. Thanks again

sorry please ignore the above post i see it has subsequently been lauched....the uninstaller. thanks

Archived