Approach to Burketown

John York

I'm not complaining but is this road supposed to go over the pool?

Posted Image

I hope you can read the coordinates.  I had trouble I must admit, but I think they are Lat S 17 deg.40.23' and E 139 deg36.40'

John

Thank you ImageShack even if you did struggle on a Sunday afternoon.

John,

You'll notice that's a seasonal inundation for that waterhole. Change season to winter and the water dries up. There are many tracks and roads in the top end that get flooded on a seasonal basis. Whilst the road should be flooded as well unfortunately we have reached a technological impasse with FSX on this issue at the moment.

Oh, sorry Ross. 

I usually don't have them showing but when I do I usually crop those details out.  This time they were needed in case I had mis-read the coordinates so I had to leave them in.

Come to think of it, I could have kept the fps out I suppose.

I don't want to brag but I've a reasonably strong computer and have spent time getting it to perform as well as FSX/Orbx plus all the rest will allow.  Some of the tweaks in Gold have made a difference especially spreading the loading over all four cores.

As you'll see, the fps is locked at 70, the reason being that 'unlimited' and higher frame rates introduce a little bit of judder.  I think its something to do with the differences between the lowest and highest.  I find that the closer the lowest and highest can be kept, the more smooth the flight.

Season's greetings

John

Archived