FTXG messed up every thing

Omera60

Hi all,

Today I bought the FTXG and downloaded it. But unfortunatlly I got some problems from the first sight. After installing the product I ran the FSX as administor. When I start the simulation everything was messed up like no textures at all in some areas or see next to the runway and so on. I don't use any mesh product other than the default mesh that FSX provieded. Is there a solution for this? Please help...

Best,

Omer

Hi Omer,

what kind of problems?

Spirit

As I said in my statement. THere are boats on my runway and there are trees on the sea or some areas are just black out. I belive it's something about the mesh but I really have no idea.

Hi Omer,

Thank you for adding your order number and, relax a little will you please, even I have to go and eat and or sleep sometimes ;)

OK, what is the issue exactly, with the line "everything is messed up" I can not do much, you will have to be a little bit more informative, I'll ask a few questions to get a bit of line in things to try and resolve your "problem"

Let's start with which fsX version do you have installed, is it patched up to SP2 from MS or do you have the Acceleration version installed  ?

Do you have UTX, REX, GEX or any other addon program installed ?

How large was the file you downloaded from the FligtSimStore, see the contents of the unzipped files in the screenshot

FTXGlobal_installerfilelist.jpg

you have to unzipp the file in to it's own folder to make the installer run properly , also you will need at least 15 Gig of free space for the unwrapper to do it's job.

Also if you could be so kind and post some screenshots , this makes it easier for us here to be able to determine the cause of you issue, 

in case you do not know how to post screenshots on our forums, then please have a read here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/?p=335815

First of all thank you for your replay. I use acceleration pack for FSX. I do use REX but I do not own neither GEX nor UTX. The folder is 4,27787207 MB (I didn't inculude the read me file.) for the screenshot:

K7WDM.jpg

this is it's link.

Best,

Omer

[MOD EDIT:  Moved from Cross-posted thread.  Please post ONLY in your support thread]

hi,

I followed the steps you said and used the PMDG method. The result is the same weird scenery. It took me hours to uninstall thi and re-install it again and I DON'T HAVE ANY RESULTS plus I have to re-install all the files again. Please come up with an solution because myPC is not for you to try your ideas.

Best,

Omer

.....  myPC is not for you to try your ideas.

Omera ... careful with your tone, assuming you want assistance with solving your unique problem.

Understand from a starting point, that there are hundreds of installations of FTXGlobal around the world that do not have the problem you are reporting.  Deductively, this means it is VERY likely that this is a problem specific to your install, or possibly a regional issue with your version of windows.

Can you confirm that FSX was operating normally once you had cleared the decks, and installed Acceleration / SP2.  Perhaps post a picture of the same area?  This is an absolute must before installing any addon.

Can you also confirm that there are no non-western alphanumeric characters in your FSX install path.

Omera ... careful with your tone, assuming you want assistance with solving your unique problem.

Understand from a starting point, that there are hundreds of installations of FTXGlobal around the world that do not have the problem you are reporting.  Deductively, this means it is VERY likely that this is a problem specific to your install, or possibly a regional issue with your version of windows.

Can you confirm that FSX was operating normally once you had cleared the decks, and installed Acceleration / SP2.  Perhaps post a picture of the same area?  This is an absolute must before installing any addon.

Can you also confirm that there are no non-western alphanumeric characters in your FSX install path.

Yes, I can confirm that it was working proparly with FSX+Acceleration pack. Unfortunattly I am donloading the FSX again right now so I can't put some pictures. After I first uninstalled then re-installed again I didn't apply anyother addons other then the FTXG. Excuse my tone. I just want to use it soo badly thats why I had a crisis like that. 

ok. Please help me I just want it runmning correctly and smoothly. I can give you this information. I once installed the FS Global ultimate Europe and Africa. Eventhough this is not a mesh product they both made the scenery weird as I posted a pic before. Maybe the OpenLC made this I don't really know. If it matters I downloaded  the product from the cloudserver. Please help me solve this. I want to use this product.

Hoping to hear from you asap.

Best Wishes,

Omer

I think I am a little confused, so lets just clarify:

You are running FSX, with Acceleration (Post#11)

You do not have any 3rd party mesh products (post #1)

You mention you once installed FSGlobal Ultimate Europe and Africa (post#13) and that these made the scenery 'go weird'.  Are these still installed?  If not, how did you remove them?

Are there any other scenery addons at all (any region)?

It is a little hard to unravel, but clearly something in the FSX installation is corrupted.   If there is only FSx and FTXGlobal (our product, different from FSGlobal) then I suspect that FSX may not have been ok to begin with, as installing into fresh FSX would be the simplest potential installation, and less likely to have problems.  The beta team tested multiple fresh installs.

A clean slate might be the best option.  If you are reinstalling FSX/SP2, please make sure the folder has been deleted before the reinstallation, and that the new installation path is NOT in Program Files (x86), and that there are no non-alphanumeric characters in the new installation path.

Update to FSX and then Acceleration, and post a screenshot before proceeding any further.  Then we can look at reinstalling FTXGlobal.

I think I am a little confused, so lets just clarify:

You are running FSX, with Acceleration (Post#11)

You do not have any 3rd party mesh products (post #1)

You mention you once installed FSGlobal Ultimate Europe and Africa (post#13) and that these made the scenery 'go weird'.  Are these still installed?  If not, how did you remove them?

Are there any other scenery addons at all (any region)?

It is a little hard to unravel, but clearly something in the FSX installation is corrupted.   If there is only FSx and FTXGlobal (our product, different from FSGlobal) then I suspect that FSX may not have been ok to begin with, as installing into fresh FSX would be the simplest potential installation, and less likely to have problems.  The beta team tested multiple fresh installs.

A clean slate might be the best option.  If you are reinstalling FSX/SP2, please make sure the folder has been deleted before the reinstallation, and that the new installation path is NOT in Program Files (x86), and that there are no non-alphanumeric characters in the new installation path.

Update to FSX and then Acceleration, and post a screenshot before proceeding any further.  Then we can look at reinstalling FTXGlobal.

For now my FSX is clear. I re-installed it with out the FTXG just likle I did when it had occured in FS Global ultimate. I downloaded the FSX then the Acceleration pack. The FSX file is located at C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The Fsx right now has bno addon inculuding the FTXG. I am making  a clear installation as I write.

Excuse my asking, but since when is fsX and the Acceleration pack available as Download and if so where did you obtain it?

Excuse my language I have the legal PC DVD boxes. It's just me and my english.

no worries, can happen :)

sorry for asking more, is the fsX version you have an Englsh version or is there a Turkish version ?

I ask this as it seems to me that all Users that reported similar issues as you are all from your country, therefore I suspect that there is maybe something within the Turkish settings that does cause a conflict somewhere on the system

;D  Yeah, it can. For your questions, I specially set it to English United States for the computers language because I use FS2Crew for the NGX. NO, Ididn't set the FSX language to Turkish and as you said there is no Turkish language for FSX.

Best,

Hi,

I found the solution!!!!! :D First you should search %allusersprofile%\Microsoft\FSX  in your search tab inside the start menu. A folder called FSX should come up. When you open this folder there should be 2 scenery.cfg files. one should say ORBX backup. You should open the other one and add this line Texture_ID=1 under the [Area.001] and then save it and quit it. This should solve the problem. 

Best,
Omer

Omg. This must be pinned immediately Walter please. It also fixed my issue. Thanks a lot. Im also from Turkey. I dont know what was wrong about us but i also fixed my corrupted terrain issues that we've worked so hard on with Walter. Thank you too Walter again. :) Finally im gonna enjoy GLOBAL!

Really pleased to hear that this resolves the issue :)

still wondering as to the why this "glitch" apparently only affects Turkish users :wacko:

Well maybe in the future we will learn. Until then we should pass this solution to the users who are currently having the same problem that I had.

Wishing you and your team the best,

Omer

Yes, i suspect this is indeed to non-English O/S ......

What exactly does it mean, a non English Windows? Where is the difference? I guess that there's no difference in the important system programs. I don't think that this has anything to do with path names in Turkish.

I think there's a corrupted FSX or even Windows!

Spirit

What exactly does it mean, a non English Windows? Where is the difference? I guess that there's no difference in the important system programs. I don't think that this has anything to do with path names in Turkish.

I think there's a corrupted FSX or even Windows!

Spirit

Sorry to say that you are maybe mistaken there, many moons ago when we first implemented FTX, we ran into countless issues related to non english windows users, we thought we had have 'm all but apparently not ..................

lol I'm Turkish too I'm using english windows but I suspect region and language section is Turkish probably unicode is turkish too.Why I think that ? Because for example if you want to use IBM SPPS statistic program if you want to install it,you have to change localization to US english.Maybe its the problem. :)

Sorry to say that you are maybe mistaken there, many moons ago when we first implemented FTX, we ran into countless issues related to non english windows users, we thought we had have 'm all but apparently not ..................

Ok Wolter, maybe it's an unlucky mixed use of English and domestic language?

My wife use her laptop with Thai language and I've to take care a bit about the Windows 8 and the more technical issues but there was never a language related problem. Of course no FSX is running on her laptop and she always has to translate me the alert message etc. if she need my assistance. By the way, the Thai fonts are much more crypted as the Turkish.

That's why I'm suspicious with these FSX problems. But you're the front-man with the long experience. ::)

Thanks

Spirit

Archived