Glitch at EGFF Cardiff After New Install of FSX

dougal

Hi folks

After a brand new Windows7 x64 and FSX Acell installation, I get a double layer of scenery at Cardiff as per pic.  The ONLY Scenery installed for UK is Orbx FTX Wales & FTX Global.

Is the an 'easy fix' for this please? ;-)

7nWI.th.jpg

Hi Phil,

I'm getting slightly crossed eyed looking at your screenie  :blink:

this for almost 99,9% has to do with some other file being called for the same field

do you by chance have an external AI program active ?

did you try and cycle between default and Europe hitting the Apply button on both counts ?

did you install all the patches and updates available for the UK regions ? available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Did you install FTX Global last or first when your re-installed the sceneries ?

in case you did that you'll need to run the latest library files again from the support page

also via the fsX scenery control panel de-activate your Addon Scenery folder, see if that makes a difference

sorry for all the questions, but we'll have to start somewhere to sort this out ;)

how it looks on my end with FTXG* in hybrid mode

post-152-0-12878500-1376920008_thumb.jpg

Hello Wolter and thanks again for jumping to my rescue, so to speak.

I did try 'applying' different FTX regions with no difference.

Before going any further though, I see that I'm not completely up to date with patches, so I will download and install those (as per instructions) before doing ANYTHING else.  Will then report back.

I have My Traffic 5.4 Pro installed and activated in the library.

Hi Phil,

I'm getting slightly crossed eyed looking at your screenie  :blink:

this for almost 99,9% has to do with some other file being called for the same field

do you by chance have an external AI program active ?

did you try and cycle between default and Europe hitting the Apply button on both counts ?

did you install all the patches and updates available for the UK regions ? available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Did you install FTX Global last or first when your re-installed the sceneries ?

in case you did that you'll need to run the latest library files again from the support page

also via the fsX scenery control panel de-activate your Addon Scenery folder, see if that makes a difference

sorry for all the questions, but we'll have to start somewhere to sort this out ;)

how it looks on my end with FTXG* in hybrid mode

attachicon.gifegffrwy12_001.jpg

Well, this is odd Wolter.  You were right to ask about an external AI program.  If I deativate My Traffic from the library, it fixes the problem.  However, I've had, and used My Traffic for years, without having this issue before.  I'll search it's data for an EGFF bgl file.

Archived