Closed topic - why?

Kosta

Hi Wolter,

You just closed my other topic, however I don't understand why.

My first topic was incompatibility.

My 2nd topic was when-info and what.

My 3rd topic was the error in which P3D installer apparently made a backup and FSX did not!

All 3 topics have different issues!! And the previous threads didn't answer the last question.

Hi Kosta,

The bottom line of all those posts trickle down to the same "issue" about the un-installer and where you seem to be pretty wound up about and that question/s to my knowledge has/have been answered by now.

There is been clearly indicated that the Team is working on a un-installer for FTX Global, that's being thoroughly tested by the Team right now and as we do not want to take any chances, that needs a bit of time.

As for the v1.1 patch, the same thing applies, it's in the works and has to be tested thoroughly with all options before released to the public as again we do not want to take any chances on that either.

so with all due respect you shall need to have a little more patience till JV is back in town so he'll can go through all this with you.

that's how things stand

I understand that the uninstaller needs time, and respect that. I am not trying to rush that. Nor I personally need the uninstaller, as long as the backup files are created!!

My issue, as previously mentioned is that I can't find any backups in my FSX install, contrary to the P3D, where the backup files are found in the correct destination (mentioned by Holger).

Please hear me out when I say that I understood that the uninstaller and the patch are under way - that is not my issue (any more).

What I am trying to get an answer to is, where are the backup files in FSX? Or should I just wait for JV on this issue too?

EDIT:

To quote Holger:

"As for manually uninstalling FTXG the two key steps would be to restore the \Scenery\World\texture backup that the FTXG installer created and the default lclookup.bgl file in \Scenery\Base\scenery. The FTXG installer placed backups of all swapped files in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\InstallBackup. For a complete uninstallation you also want to restore these other files to their default locations (I can provide folder names if needed) but for a quick back&forth check only the \Scenery\World\texture backup and lclookup.bgl are essential."

My folder in FSX:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31158446/fsx-folder.jpg

In P3D:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31158446/p3d-folder.jpg

Archived