Sunken terrain at PAHO Homer - NA SAK - No non-Orbx installed

simulatorflyer

Hi.

Been flying out of PAHO Homer lately after reinstalling FSX and buying NA SAK. My FSX install so far only consisted of NA SAK and REX. Today I Installed NA PFJ + NA PFJ.003 and finally the latest ORBX libraries 130723. The sunken terrain appeared after this. I tried to move NA SAK on top of NA PFJ in the scenery library to see if that did the trick - but no luck. Pictures show how PAHO looks now and my scenery library. It should be noted that PAHO looked fine before I installed PFJ. Any help appreciated. Order numbers are all down in my signature.

2013-8-17_23-42-8-181.jpg

2013-8-17_23-42-12-268.jpg

settings.jpg

Hi Frank,

you got some crossed up elevation adjustment files, set FTX Central to default and hit Apply,

go to your => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and check that all files that start with ADE_FTX_ have a .off extension, if not then rename them or if there are with .bgl extension then remove them.

close the folder and open FTX Central , select NA and hot Apply, fire up fsx and it should rebuild the Dbase and you should be ok

Hi Wolter.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I'm afraid that didn't work for me. I did as you describe --> FTX Central to default/apply --> deleted all the ADE_FTX files with .bgl extensions --> Open FTX Central, select NA and apply. Seemed like the database did a rebuild, but Homer looks just the same as before with sunken terrain.  :-

Hi Frank,

that's odd, find attached my elevation files for the whole NA, drop 'm in your => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and check that there are no .OFF files for the NA region active, the NZSI ones should have the .OFF extension as when you are in NA those should be inactive, fire up fsX it will rebuild the Dbase and have a check if it's still the same, if so then there must be some other scenery interfering, please make sure that you do not have double file names with the .OFF extension for the NA sceneries

• 2 months later...

Archived