.bmp images have appeared in MY documents folder

jd_jay

Ok, so i dont have  the need to go into my documents very often, but just have and to my suprise i have found over 9000 .bmp images loose in my documents folder.  i can only presume since i have installed FTX Global

okyz.jpg

After doing a bit of digging, i took a file name and did a search, and found the same file in 2 other places

D:\games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ08_CUSTOM\texture

D:\games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Texture

Surely i shouldnt have all of them in my documents aswell, they were taking over 9gb of space up, i have moved them out to a back up folder for the time being.

many thanks in advance.

jay

Hi Jay,
most likely is that when you installed FTX Global they where pointed to go there, not by the installer as that asks specifically where you want to safe your backup files.

solution is to make a folder called fsX_org_textures_backup and move all the files to that folder and then zip 'm up for safe keeping

Wolter, thank you for your support as always.  i vaguely remember that process, i may of thought that they would be put nicely into a sub-folder, rather than just loose.  Ill do as you advise, problem solved already. Thank you.

Archived