Sparkling "Parked" Car headlights at night at airports....

cvearl

I have recently had an anomaly. When flying Dusk, Night or Dawn when the parked cars in ORBX Regions have their lights on in the parking lots, from a distance until less than a mile out, they are sparkling or twinkling.

Anyone else seeing this sort of thing. Once up close enough it stops. In the shots provided below, the small pin point lights are actually sparkling. This is in DX9 mode and also in DX10 mode. More noticeable in DX10. But still distracting in DX9.

I do not remember this ever happening before. But I have a few things running against me. I have installed and uninstalled a DX10 patch. I have recently installed and patched PNW again and installed current libraries and also bought and installed and experimented with FTXG and UTX USA and Canada. So I could have broken something! But before I worry about that, anyone else see this sort of thing?

You will have to watch this in full screen at Youtube and in HD mode to see what I mean. the lights are very small and sparkle....

http://youtu.be/AAO59ziGWNc

Not sure if this is a Anti Aliasing issue or something else, but when reverting to DX9 mode you may need to flush the shader folders? although I am unsure on that as I only use normal DX9

Shaders I'll try. I often flush when switching. Even when at shimmer free 8xSSAA it happens. Is there a texture I should have?

C.

If those are cars from the Orbx libraries, they are just light-map based, if you were missing a texture they would show as black or other

Most odd indeed, just re-watched the video again, I have not seen that effect before, going to have to throw this up to the FSX-settings gurus ???

If those are cars from the Orbx libraries, they are just light-map based, if you were missing a texture they would show as black or other

Most odd indeed, just re-watched the video again, I have not seen that effect before, going to have to throw this up to the FSX-settings gurus ???

Thanks for looking.

C.

Archived